LegacyGT.com

I thought ContiExtremeContact's Were suppose to be good in the rain? Review Inside.

EvilCamaroSS

I got like 150 miles on them as of today, Drove them for the first time in the rain yesterday and overall I'm rather dissapointed.

Dry: Dry they are sxcellent, Even with a lil salt and sand on the roads it still holds very well, and it holds turns very well, I can easily approach an on-ramp at 20mph higher than i could before without feeling unsafe. They could be a lil better on dry but they are all-seasons I didn't get them to auto-cross.

Wet: One word. Horrible. I had read so many good reviews about these in the rain, I basically hydroplaned my way home yesterday in the rain. I drive 30 miles one way to work and it made it rather annoying driving in the rain. I never lost control but it didn't feel safe at all, at this point i think my bald RE-92's were better.

Snow: NO Experience Hoping for the best next winter.

Overall rather dissapointing if I do say so, I had Fuzion HRi's on my old integra, they were a lot cheaper and they performed just as good in the dry and considerably better in the rain, unless these are amazing in the snow i dunno if i can justify purchasing them. If you have any tips or advice (is there a break in period?) and tire pressure or what not, maybe to not hydroplane. i'm open to it, but I usually stick to factory specs on tire pressure, for added ride comfort and superior handling, Once you start bumping up tire pressures u start sliding around turns instead of gripping, and that makes me feel unsafe.

How fast were you driving in the rain(above speed limit) and how hard was it raining?

I would not push these tires for a bit as 150 miles may not be full broken in. An outer compound on most tires is different than the real trad.

I have never owned these tires but know from people who own with more mileage, excellent in wet, okay in the dry and decent in the snow.

i've never pushed them in the rain but i've never hydroplaned with them. however i can tell you these things rock in the snow!

side note has anyone had balancing issues with these tires? Ever since i bought them my wheel balancing has never been right.

I've had three sets of these tires...I like their rating in the snow and the dry but yes, the rain traction isn't "great" only average... I have pushed them in the rain and they do slide a bit but it was always controllable...

As for balancing, I got a bit of vibration when new but I just took them back to the shop and had them put on the machine again. No issues since!

My .02...

I'd heard they were good. But at the Team O'Neil winter driving school, there was one Audi with them. And guess what?

Did the driver over drive the conditions at winter driving school? I think you could manage that with winter tires if you went fast enough.

I've had my contiextremes on the car for about 20,000 miles to date. My experience with them in driving rain on the highways has always been pretty good, never had any hydroplaning issues with them, very nice in snow and dry traction, and much better then the OEM tires for all season use.

Did the driver over drive the conditions at winter driving school? I think you could manage that with winter tires if you went fast enough.
Yet, out of all the runs of all the other cars there for an entire day, no one else did......

I'm sticking with Nokian.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 9 months later...

Yea I'm not liking mine in the SNOW either. Car is very unstable even @ 40 MPH. I keep getting passed by other subaru's Driving in the un-plowed lane :(

Should I be running at a certain tire pressure in the snow? right now I'm running the specs on the door. any suggestions? Gonna have to drive through 5-8in tomorrow.

Strange... I had ContiExtremeContacts on my 05 LGT for two winters, and they were amazing. The car was basically unstoppable in a CNY Winter (read: Lots of lake effect snow, lots of unplowed hilly back roads).

Just tried to buy another pair for the 07, and they dont have them in our factory size anymore. They got replaced with ExtremeContact DWS's.

Trying those out as soon as they get here.

I just put on the DWS's yesterday and I sure hope the 500 mile break in is true. My wife's minivan is running circles around me on the snow packed streets in my neighborhood... embarassing! I almost slid into a curb at a corner where the van pulled right through without any slipping. Only 50 miles so far so hopefully they get A LOT better!

I got like 150 miles on them as of today, Drove them for the first time in the rain yesterday and overall I'm rather dissapointed.

Dry: Dry they are sxcellent, Even with a lil salt and sand on the roads it still holds very well, and it holds turns very well, I can easily approach an on-ramp at 20mph higher than i could before without feeling unsafe. They could be a lil better on dry but they are all-seasons I didn't get them to auto-cross.

Wet: One word. Horrible. I had read so many good reviews about these in the rain, I basically hydroplaned my way home yesterday in the rain. I drive 30 miles one way to work and it made it rather annoying driving in the rain. I never lost control but it didn't feel safe at all, at this point i think my bald RE-92's were better.

Snow: NO Experience Hoping for the best next winter.

Overall rather dissapointing if I do say so, I had Fuzion HRi's on my old integra, they were a lot cheaper and they performed just as good in the dry and considerably better in the rain, unless these are amazing in the snow i dunno if i can justify purchasing them. If you have any tips or advice (is there a break in period?) and tire pressure or what not, maybe to not hydroplane. i'm open to it, but I usually stick to factory specs on tire pressure, for added ride comfort and superior handling, Once you start bumping up tire pressures u start sliding around turns instead of gripping, and that makes me feel unsafe.

Two thoughts: 1) Tire pressure (not enough) and 2) Tire mold release fluids haven't worn off yet.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

And if you are going to change these out, then recommend the MPS ASes. Cannot say enough good about these (and that's after driving on CECes too)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I had very bad experience with these tires. I had changed 3 out 4 tires since Decemeber due to weak sidewall(bruised up).

I'm thinking about buying the Conti's after my RE-92 wear out.... I was wondering if you scraped the sidewalls on a curb or did they just fray and crack due to normal driving wear and tear?

I just got these tires installed (if we're talking about the DWS tires) a few weeks back. They are AWESOME in the snow! I went to these from some BFG g-force sports (not all-season), which were horrible in the snow.

I think yours may just need more break-in time. Mine were fine right off the bat, although there is still some residue on my sidewalls I just can't seem to get off yet...maybe it's on the tread as well.

Remember that the treadwear on there is pretty good...540 or something, so it's a semi-hard compound. If they do need o be broken in, it could take a little while.

My only issue is I now need an alignment...it pulls to the right a little. But that may not be the tires' fault.

After driving on my contiextremecontact dws for about 400 miles now, I'm really starting to like the traction in the dry and snow. Haven't got the chance to drive it in the rain yet. It definitely grips to the ground alot more now.

Archived