LegacyGT.com

Wilwood 4-pot caliper kit

Th3Franz

Also what pads would anyone recommend for mostly street/light track use? I'm looking at either carbotech ax-6 or hawk hp plus. I've got stop tech street pads now and enjoy them,what pads would be closest to that? Edited by Justin case

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the above referenced link Brakeswap says, "LGT's can reuse stock 294mm rotor." The 2005 - 2009 LGT front rotor is 316mm. The 2005 - 2009 LGT rear rotor is 290mm. Neither of them are 294mm. The 2001 - 2004 LGT front rotor uses a 295mm rotor, so maybe that's what they mean. Anyone check if these actually fit?

I really like the porterfileld R4S pads , They are better than the hawk HP's by a considerable margin . They held up fine in a track session I had (No fade). You really don't need too aggressive pads for autocross. For tracks that really challenge your brakes its better to have street pads and swap in dedicated track pads.

I really like the porterfileld R4S pads , They are better than the hawk HP's by a considerable margin . They held up fine in a track session I had (No fade). You really don't need too aggressive pads for autocross. For tracks that really challenge your brakes its better to have street pads and swap in dedicated track pads.

I like the R4S a lot too for street / autocross.

A dedicated track pad is the way to go for high speed events though.

HPS are a good street pad, but in my autocross experience, after the first few runs they require more pedal pressure to get the same response. For that reason, I'm going to go with the HP+ as my pad during the AutoX season

The Wilwood BP10 or BP20s are a cheap and good pad. More aggressive than the HPS.

Not sure why I had 294mm rotor size there. Correcting now.

This is a special "reintroducton" price. Regular price is $299 shipped. However, my machine shop goofed on a couple items. As some of you may know who have been following the saga, I was having trouble finding a machine shop to make the brackets again. Turns out the spacers required are also a machine shop item (you cant get the right specs off the shelf). They made them too wide, so they all went back.

I have fulfilled the orders that have come through so far and will honor the $249 shipped price for any orders I get. Shipping of anymore kits after today wont be for approximately 2 weeks from today. Then finally, Ill have stock of roughly 50 sets ready to go with lines and all. Thank you guys.

The pads are super easy to change on these guys, so like suggested above, just swap to a dedicated track pad if going to track. For that, I really recommend Performance Friction 01s. We have those in stock too.

Edited by magnetic1

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

problem is not how hard it is to make. The problem is needing the machine shop to make 50 of them. I would just never be able to recoup that cost unless I charged an absurd amount of $ for the kit. Not to mention you would need special rotors too which adds even more to the cost.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

The car is my DD so I'd say they're out. Maybe hps? I had them on my old probe and enjoyed them. Or I was also looking at the wilwood bp 10 pads.

Had HPS and wasn't very impressed. EBC Yellows is my go to summer pad. Dead silent on the street, nice initial bite, zero fade at the track. The only downside is your wheels will look like shit after week of driving but it has to give somewhere. Made in UK and even build quality is in different league than hawks