LegacyGT.com

SPT Intake

PhillyGT

With the good old bonus money I was able to get the SPT Intake. I think its great but it's a lot louder then I thought. Don't get me wrong a little noise never hurt anyone but I just want to make sure it's normal.

I start to hear it at about 2,500RPMs and it is definitely the intake.

Any comments?

DSC00588.thumb.jpg.a169ced8517e31f928e6022b13032812.jpg

DSC00589.thumb.jpg.742bc55c4c5dc8856fdbed07b551fa81.jpg

DSC00590.thumb.jpg.31e63ed00e097dd79606422bb6452945.jpg

Well everyone I talk to says that on any of the cars that don the EJ257 motor, any aftermarket intake is going to make you either a) lean out, or b) lose power. That is, until you get into bigger power mods, (upgrading turbo and the like).

All the nay-saying about them has made me apprehensive.

with or without engine management?

with!!

You def need a tune if you get an intake.

TDC might be able to tune it to Stg1, i WOULD SUGGEST stg2 only because the power difference is huge

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

with!!

TDC might be able to tune it to Stg1, i WOULD SUGGEST stg2 only because the power difference is huge

Damn Cobb needs to release the AP already for the '07s

• 1 month later...
yea, I just put mine on and it's way loud. I like the rumble of the exhaust but the intake is way too loud at least in my opinion. I've heard it was loud but I don't know if that is loud sound is normal.

with!!

why?

if subaru can sell the intake and exhaust as a "power pack" and they don't do anything...why would anyone else?

it is covered by warranty right? they are claiming 30hp/30tq right?

i am seriously beginning to think most people 99% don't know s**t about it and they are just going by heresay or what another tuner may say.

funer..one tuner says one thing another says opposite. both have dyno sheets? what gives?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/DSC_0858.jpg

i've had one since it came out, actually before they even made the heatshield for it (so i made my own) datalogs show nothing out of the ordinary, power is good, stg2 and then some w/tdc maps

up,tbe, perrin tmic, spt intake, pulley

I've had mine on for a couple weeks now. Love the sound. The real low RPM's have a little less noticable power like under 2k RPM, but other than that it seems the same. So $200 for a Intake that sounds like a BOV...worth it to me :dm:

Zac

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/DSC_0858.jpg

i've had one since it came out, actually before they even made the heatshield for it (so i made my own) datalogs show nothing out of the ordinary, power is good, stg2 and then some w/tdc maps

up,tbe, perrin tmic, spt intake, pulley

i see you left the snorkus on there too. is it wobbly or were you able to tie it down so it didn't move around as much? if so, how??

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

well i made my own heatshield so i added cut outs to leave the snorkus intact. i think it looks cleaner than to have the gaping hole, then later i made a seperate shield to keep the intake itself cool(shown on thewhole underhood pic). temp at the filter is within 5 of ambient and the pipe itself is only warm to the touch (instead of being so hot you leave skin on it) 2 sheets of .032 alum with a sheet of thermotec sandwiched in

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/yota924x4/DSC_106720.jpg

Archived