LegacyGT.com

New Tires - 07 Spec B

TJS

So the RE050A's on my car still had lots of tread, more than 50% left. But I have been really unhappy with the rain performance and highway characteristics. I decided on some Pirelli PZero Nero A/S tires in the stock size. I just got them on yesterday, so haven't tried them in the wet yet, but took a nice long drive out to my cottage last night and so far I'm really happy with them.

The drive involves getting out of the city, a nice tight cloverleaf, 10 minutes on the perimeter highway and then a higher speed offramp to the main highway. Then an hour and a bit of highway cruising on constantly varying pavement grades and conditions, and a lower speed but tight winding drive down a Baghdad-grade potholed service road to my actual cottage.

The weather was beautiful, so so far I only have dry conditions to judge by, but these tires are terrific. Still sharp in the handling department, but much quieter and smoother on the highway, regardless of pavement type. Dodging potholes and bombing down cloverleafs and exits is just as much fun as the old RE050A's. I know there are those that prefer a dedicated summer tire and at the limit they may be superior. But I don't track or autocross my car,and in the real world, for me, a UHP all-season just makes more sense. It'll take a while to try them in a few other situations, but as of right now they are highly recommended.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I've been running them on my '06 for 4 years and 40,000 Km....225/40/18 on 18 x 8 OZ rims.....great in the dry, pretty good in the rain (Not nearly as good as the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S I had before) and crap in any kind of snow at all.......mine are about 1/3 tread left and are still quiet and good in the dry...Enjoy ;)

Archived