LegacyGT.com

$20 DIY Open Induction Cover

I went ahead and dug in to mine last night, 30 mins later i had revoved the Silencer box, cut an opening and installed my K/N. This was was one of the easiest silencer removals ever. most cars have them bolted to the car inside of the fender. this one is just atteched to the bottem of the air box, just needs some twisting and lifting to come out and then 2 pushs with a flat head to pop off the silencer.

I hear the intake more, spooling. and now you can hear the BOV/BPV but not loudly.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
Dead Thread Bump, but I just did the Airbox hot-air induction Mod with a spare airbox lid.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being stock airbox, and 10 being the Cobb SRI. This comes in at a...solid 5 for hearing the BPV sound, but around a 3 for hearing the turbo spool up.

hope that helps ya ricers.

Cobb makes Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors?

Calls people ricers, still did the mod anyway. :confused:

• 4 years later...

Do you need a tune for this? I haven’t put my intake in yet because I am still collecting parts for the tune. Unfortunately Cobb doesn’t support intakes for the 08. Hoping for something like this in the mean time if it’s safe without tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Hold off till you get a tune 08. Do not be in a hurry to hear cool neat things. Collect them parts and get a protune or dyno tune.

Yeah I’m about to get a tune. I can finally put my intake on. Such a pain that Cobb doesn’t make an sf map for 08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk