LegacyGT.com

Curbed

Smacked a curb at low speed the other day . . . the result being a bent LCA. I've already ordered the part (complete with bushings), but am unsure of my ability (equipment / time / level of effort) to do this job in the driveway.

Can anyone point me to a walkthrough on replacing a lower control arm? Or at least have some insight as to the level of involvement? Trying to avoid biting off more than i can chew here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The car will need to be aligned any way's. Find a good local shop with a rack and pay the man.

If you have to ask for a DIY, your better off paying the man.

The job is just nut's and bolts, but some of the stuff can be a PITA.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The car will need to be aligned any way's. Find a good local shop with a rack and pay the man.

If you have to ask for a DIY, your better off paying the man.

The job is just nut's and bolts, but some of the stuff can be a PITA.

Well thanks so much for your super-helpful opinion! Now if there's anyone out there willing to offer something useful (aka which steps might become a PITA), that would be excellent.

Well thanks so much for your super-helpful opinion! Now if there's anyone out there willing to offer something useful (aka which steps might become a PITA), that would be excellent.

OK, Off the top of my head,

You'll need to remove the LCA from the ball joint.

Do you have a 3-5lbs hammer for that ?

You'll need to remove the end link, Do you have a replacement, in case the OEM one needs to be cut off ?

I guess you must have the big socket to get the nut off the rear mounting point of the LCA ?

I think the front mounting point is a 17mm nut and bolt.

Do you have PB Blaster and Anti-seize compound ?

From sitting here at my desk, I think that's all you need to do.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Moderators
I'm guessing the Outbacks have a longer end link because of the chassis spacers. I could be wrong thou.

opposedforces seems to have the same part number, but OP is responsible for his own research on that one!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

opposedforces seems to have the same part number, but OP is responsible for his own research on that one!

Funny, I just PM'd him the vacation pic's and told him to check the top of the very first forum here for that link.

Archived