LegacyGT.com

Radio and AC malfunctioning -flickering

Anybody else have radio and AC malfunctioning?

It's not consistent and it's hard to replicate, but sometimes the lights of the radio and AC flicker and then turn off.

During this time, a combination of problems occur such as: turn off, volume goes way low, or even the presets are gone.

This will happen for like 10-15 secs.

Doesn't happen every day, maybe once a week.

There is no determined time that this occurs. It's very random and again impossible to replicate because I have no idea what causes this.

Anybody else have this problem and knows what to do?

I'm thinking it could be the wiring, but it's not like I hit a bump and it happens, nor is it consistent.

• 4 months later...
Picking up a very old post, I know, but I do have the same problem. This morning, the trip meter also showed some kind of error code instead of miles (1LL.5). I hit the illumination button next to the digital readout and it fixes the problem.

I have almost the same problem my radio text flickers and the airbag light on the dash stays on. I looked it up before and one post mentioned that there is a sensor under the drivers seat that goes bad. In my case I think the wire to the sensor is loose, as this occurred after a friend who is a lot shorter adjusted the seat. After the adjustment I think the wire to whatever sensor was pulled on.

Archived