LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Brake pads and N.E. Winters

CTSubiefan

I'd like to throw some Hawk HPS pads in along with SS lines and upgraded fluid. Has anybody done this and regretted it with the cold of our winter weather. I know these and most pads come with a temp range but I'd like to hear your experience.

I have Hawk HPS on my car (stock lines/fluid). The cold doesn't seem to bother them much. However, water seems to annoy mine the most - carwashes and puddles REALLY make these feel like ice for the first little bit. I don't believe stockers did this, but it's easy for me to get used to, so I'm not regretting it.

I was worried, as you are, about it... since the temp range didn't make sense, but the temps are nothing to worry about, in my experience.

I didn't notice the icy-brake feeling in the warmer weather... but then I may have simply not driven through deeper puddles to have it happen?

I think a few other people posted that these pads don't like water, in general. I guess I've gotten used to it already?

My HPS pads work fine in the cold, but they really don't like to be wet. Right out of car washes, and driving through very heavy rain, you've got to give yourself some room. When I replace my pads, I'll get them again.

I have DBA 4000 slotted rotors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Legacy-GT-Wagon-2005-2006-2007-2008-Brake-Rotors-Pads-F_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414d135c8cQQitemZ280465988748QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Save some coin, skip the hawk ceramics. You can get the pads from the same vendor for $25 with free shipping, they are powerstop evolution ceramic pads witrh kevlar.

Running Ferrodo DS2500 in my Brembos in NE wintes. No problems.

Seriously, it would take a track specific pad to cause one trouble in low temps.

I have that setup goodrich SS lines, hawk hps's, stop tech rotors. no regrets have had them for 2 years no snow issues.

I have the same setup except I have Cobb SS lines. No problems. As for car washes, you should always warm up the brakes after leaving a car wash.

Just step on them a little with the accelerator pressed too for a little bit. ANY car with disk brakes will not stop well with iced disks.:eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived