LegacyGT.com

Hooking up an aftermarket stereo ?

crazychristopheo

I don't have the luxury of GPS in my legacy so I have decided to upgrade soon.

How will this be done since there is a whole panel that holds the Ac dials and radio controls?

Do I perhaps use the little compartment above my radio ?

Also does installing an aftermarket stereo delete the controls in the bottom panel ?

How would a dash kit work ?

Single Din or 2 DIn

• 11 months later...

Are you just bumping any thread with aftermarket stereo in it with your link? I just finished saying in another thread that there is a MUCH easier way to get a dual din aftermarket stereo into an LGT than your method. I'd hate to see someone who doesn't have the talent that you do go through what you did when they could have EASILY purchased a kit for $300 that would enable them to install an aftermarket stereo into their LGT. Now, while $300 may seem like a lot to some, the amount of time it would take to undertake what you did is probably in the 15-20 hr range.

Again, I know you're proud of your achievement. But I don't think many here have the ability you do when it comes to it.

Was just trying to get the word out - I have been slammed already for spamming the forum - this was not my intent. I have done alot of research on this issue and found no detailed doumentation to follow, so I wanted readers who did want to take part in this activity a road map in how to do it. I can easily spend the $300 for the kit, but I have a higher expectation in the fit and finish that solution offers. Others may or may not agree.

Peace.

• 6 months later...
Holy ..... That seems a very risky solution. Been researching stereos and narrowed it down to a couple, then was going to check out how easy it is to replace the in-built unit (decided to check on-line instead of pulling it apart myself). Basically not something that can be easily done. So will check out the other option of using the empty space above the main facia where a Nav unit can be installed.

Archived