LegacyGT.com

Improved Performance...odd

I dont think I need to explain my situation, but anyway, I added techron to my tank and filled up with Mobil 93 a week or so ago. I went through that tank all the while my car ran crappy. I then filled up again with Sunoco Ultra 93 and still running like crap. On Saturday I got an oil change at the dealer. Hopefully all that gunk is gone now. Tonight at just over 1/4 tank with the Sunoco, I added Mobil 93 up to 3/4 of a tank. For some ODD reason my car runs really well now. I dont know about the "stutter" because I havent been able to try it out with the roads being wet and all. The wierd thing is that the weather outside today was crappy ~40 degrees F and very "humid". Maybe the Sunoco Ultra 93 fuel isnt as great as I thought it was. Thoughts?

Never heard of Sonoco and I haven't seen a Mobil station in forever.

I use Chevron 99% of the time unless I have an emergency and can't find one quick enough.

Car is setup to always use 91 octane. (Highest available in California.

markets gasoline under the Sunoco® brand through over 4,700 retail outlets primarily in 24 states from Maine to Florida, including the District of Columbia, and west to Indiana

- The Mortgage Man

My car has been amazing since new years. It pulls hard and smooth. Weather seemingly affects my cars performance more than fuel. Sometimes driving like grandma for a week can help. In this situation, not driving for a week (flew home for holidays) seemed to do the trick. Enjoy it while its strong...

I expected a stronger performance in cold weather (<60) but wasn't really impressed. What seems to make the car happiest is the 70-75 degree perfect days.

lol

Ha I use Stop & Shop gas (93) b/ I'm broke ! Gotta love the 10 cents a gallon off with the card and another 10 cents a gallon off with coupon from store ! I'm paying about $3.05 a gallon for 93 after all discounts !

Hmmm, now I wonder who supplies Stop & Shop with gas ??

I'll fill up at the Shell station down the road and see if I notice a difference....

I usually use BP 93 Octane...Shell stopped selling 94 octane in NJ! :(

I also occasionally buy an additive at pepboys called "octane blast", I bought it once after they accidentally filled my car with regular. Anywhoo..when I use octane blast in conjuntion with 93 octane fuel, my butt dyno definately feels the difference. Maybe it is just a placebo effect but the car feels like it pulls harder for me.

Archived