LegacyGT.com

order/shipping problem with Fread Beans Parts

I just want to take a minute to share my experience about Fred Beans Parts. On July 18th I placed an order for some gaskets, belts, and some spark plugs for my 2008 Legacy GT Spec B. (so it belongs in the model specific forum :))

I had initially planned on purchasing the spark plugs locally but hate paying more for shipping than the cost of the order so I added them to the cart.

On July 25th the order arrived and the spark plugs were not in the box. I immediately emailed Fred Beans Parts and asked for a refund of the spark plugs. I did not want to wait another week for plugs as I wanted to work on the car this weekend. (I spun a bearing and have been without the car for months...another story) I received a reply to the email on July 26th stating the shipper had put them in the box with the belts and remembers my order specifically. They also stated they verified the quantity of spark plugs and they did not have an overage.

As soon as I read the email I called Fred Beans Parts and spoke with Beau and explained (once again) the plugs were not in the box. At this point I believe we were both frustrated. It was now my word against the word of the shipper (who was one of their best BTW). I had absolutely no proof I was missing the spark plugs...none. They had the word of the shippper + the correct amount of spark plugs in inventory.

After a persuasive conversation (aka small argument) he said he would need to have a meeting with his boss and would call me back.

About 15 minutes later he called me back and told me he would priority ship the spark plugs.

I would like to say I appreciate their willingness to work with the customer. Its a relief to see good customer service and a willingness to make things right even when lacking proof. I won't hesitate to make future purchases from FBP, and if people need a recommendation i will certainly send them that way!

Nice !! Glad it ended well !!

I have had good luck with FBP as well. Actually all the vendors here, that I have purchased from, have been excellent. I did have to place 2 different orders for OEM parts vs. other stuff though. It seems Fred Beans has different sites for their stuff. No biggie.

yeah title is a bit misleading ..

ive had great customer service with fb.. and beau. just last week i ordered side feed injector o ring kit, and forgot to order a coil pack . and they already shipped my o rings.. he sent my pack priority ups i had it the next day ...and he gave me a break on some of the shipping ..

there great . and care about there customers ... nothing but good to say about them

i ordered a rear bumper. i forgot to put shipped

they shipped it to my work for nothing ..( i work at a body shop )

I had nothing but great experience with FBP. I dealt with Ryan most of the time though, and he went above and beyond looking part ## up, shipping parts overnight etc so I would have them for weekend projects.

Great vendor. Glad the issue was resolved.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived