LegacyGT.com

AWD Tow Decals Placement?

freeskierpj

So I want to get one of these AWD Tow Stickers:

http://www.ihatestickers.com/images/large/motorsports/other/IHS-P-CAUAWD_LRG.jpg

So that my car isn't improperly towed but I'm curious as to where the best place to put it would be so that it will definitely be seen. I know that it is shown here on the far back smaller window but that is where I plan to put my legacygt.com sticker that will look like this:

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server1900/fe771/products/80/images/257/LegacyGTorg_Driver_sized__57658.1315468855.500.500.jpg

Except it will say LEGACYGT.ORG and it will just be the white outline as well as the words so basically just ^that^ without the black background...I think I'm gonna have to get it custom done but that's fine...anyways since I can't put it on the windows that they show them being placed on http://www.fastwrx.com I was wondering if there was a place to put it that is just as good as far as visibility goes for anyone who might tow my car.

I really do not want to have my car towed and have damage done to the drivetrain just because I didn't spend $3.50 on a sticker haha...I work in Boston and they can be very quick to tow your car if you park where you aren't supposed to be. I parked in a tow zone and ran into CVS to get advil with my hazards on and by the time I got out there they were already setting up the tow truck!!! And it wasn't a flatbed so I just need to be careful...

Thanks for any help guys,

PJ

P.S. - http://www.ihatestickers.com is awesome!

That's true and 99.9% of the time I do but in the slight chance that I don't I wouldn't want to get towed on a non-flatbed truck so basically it's just covering all the bases so I don't have an damage done to m car that I am liable for...

I'm confused here.... Do you really think they will pay attention when towing your illegally parked car?? They WON'T and WON'T care....

If you are having the car towed for repairs just make sure to tell them it's AWD.... Oh and BTW any half way decent towing company will ALWAYS send a flatbed for a Subaru because the 99.9% of the Subaru is lineup is AWD.

So essentially it's a waste of energy........

You can just put it on the bottom of the drivers side windshield.

If you get a static cling one, you can put it just above your VIN on the bottom corner of your windshield on the inside

Thank you for the only response that actually answers the question...I mean seriously, a lot of times in Boston the parking isn't properly labeled but that isn't the point. All I was trying to ask was IF I wanted to put this sticker on my car (which obviously people do or else it wouldn't be a product that is advertised on www.fastwrx.com would it). So you get my :wub: for actually answering the question rather than giving me shit about making this post!

I'm confused here.... Do you really think they will pay attention when towing your illegally parked car?? They WON'T and WON'T care....

If you are having the car towed for repairs just make sure to tell them it's AWD.... Oh and BTW any half way decent towing company will ALWAYS send a flatbed for a Subaru because the 99.9% of the Subaru is lineup is AWD.

So essentially it's a waste of energy........

Listen it's $3.50 for the sticker...do you really think I care about ALL that energy that it will take to put a decal on my car? No I don't...and as for if they will pay attention, well if they don't (and the sticker is in a place that they would see it so long as they were doing their job correctly) then they will be liable for any damage caused. It's a simple thing to do and costs a whopping $3.50 for the added comfort that in the case that my car gets towed.

Ironically enough it was towed last night (when I was LEGALLY parked which I now need to dispute) and luckily there was a Subaru owner (I must say he had a really nice WRB Bugeye) at the tow company. When the cars to be towed were called in and they said that they had a (whatever the non-flatbed tow trucks are called) on the way he made sure that a flatbed was sent for my car so I am very thankful to him because if he wasn't there they would have just towed it without using a flatbed...SO that being said :nono: Much appreciated :lol:...

And leggyman, yes most tow drivers will know so you are right about that but what happened last night proved to me that clearly not all of them do so all I wanted to know was where to put the sticker so it would be seen...not whether the drivers will know to bring a flatbed or not or whether they will even care because I have already made up my mind that I am buying that sticker and putting it on my car so please guys keep it on topic...

My question has pretty much already been answered so unless you have a different idea as to where to place the sticker please keep your opinions as to whether the sticker is worth it to yourself, thank you :D.

As I said I was towed when I was parked LEGALLY...I'm not saying that I'm gonna go park my car illegally so that they will tow it and then risk my car's safety by hoping they read the sticker I mean seriously guys you're acting like I posted a question asking "I want to park illegally then get my car towed so where should I put this sticker so that they will only tow it on a flatbed because I plan on parking it somewhere to test the people and see if they will actually use a flatbed when they have it towed..." Use your common sense, I was asking where I should place the sticker so I could have some added peace of mind on the OFF CHANCE that my car is towed for some reason. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't post in my thread it's as simple as that...

You speak of common sense, yet you don't have enough common sense to answer your own question of "where do i put my do not tow/use flatbed sticker".

Put it on the windshield. It is meant to go on a glass surface. Buy 200 and line your windshield so they have to read it. It will most likely not help you, but as stated, in new england, most tow companies are smart enough to use a flatbed. I cannot say the same about states with less of a subaru population.

Why would you feel the need to put flashers on if you were parked legally?

Maybe the tow truck driver thought your car was broken down because thats what flashers are for? :iam:

Archived