LegacyGT.com

*****Help with avo 420 install

I have had my car in the shop for 3 weeks. I finally got all the parts in I needed but the AVO 420 install is not working. The banjo bolt does not fit and the air inlet pipe is too small to fit on the new turbo. I thought this was a bolt on deal. I am missing something? I have a perrin top mount intercooler and Cobb up and down pipe with stock intake manifold.I really need to get this car back together.:eek:

Shawn

Cell 423-280-0442 if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. This is my daily driver.

The air inlet will fit, but you have to stretch it over, be gentle they have been know to rip.

I had the same problem with the oil inlet line, they sent me the wrong flex line. I opened up the hole in the banjo fitting of the OEM pipe to fit the new banjo bolt. They did send you a larger banjo bolt ?

Yeah I went back to pay pal and found his email address. This all started with a rod bearing failure and buying a new sti block. Things have gotten out of control. I haven't had my car for almost a month now. Its all the little things. I waited for over a week for valve cover gaskets. I am now on a first name basis with Enterprise rental cars. Thanks for the help hopefully I can get things together soon.

Hmmm.

I didn't have any problems at all with a very similar setup to yours. I did get the AVO turbo inlet which was a real bitch to get in. I also ordered a new (longer) oil feed line before the install.

Took quite a bit of time but no issues at all with fitment on either the oil or inlet side.

Hope all works out for you.

Good luck.

fonts did you remove the plastic intake manifold to get the AVO turbo inlet pipe to fit? It looks bigger than the stock unit and the stock unit was a tight fit. Are you running an AVO 420?

I did not remove the intake manifold. It was definitely bigger than the stock unit and was a bitch to get in. Just took our time and played and worked. Went in no problem .... just a PITA.

Yes ... I'm running an AVO420.

I believe that the AVO is a better piece all around. But hey that's what I'm running and that's just my opinion.

Perrin did have some issues with the pipe collapsing in the past. I believe that it is now resolved. May be a little easier to get the Perrin into that tight space.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I needed a new banjo bolt for the oil inlet pipe and a new air inlet pipe( the stock one was torn) I finally got it tuned at Top Speed in GA and they did a great job. I put 320hp to the wheels and it runs great. I much different car above 4k rpm. Thanks to AVO and Top Speed for the help.

I have a print out of the dyno graph but nothing online. It was a Dynojet dyno and Doug Wilks did the tuning. He stayed until almost 8 that night to get it done because I lived two hours away. I would highly recomend Doug and Top Speed.

Archived