LegacyGT.com

Finally going stage 3!

I have an 09 Spec B. Im currently at stage 2 with a protune making

236hp/275ft.lbs. Ive finally decided to get a bigger turbo. Here are my supporting mods

Blouch 20g xtr

FMS FMIC

DW 850cc injectors

DW 65c fuel pump

Cobb SRI

I'll be posting pictures and hopefully videos soon!

For the last time, my car is not a Camry

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Along with the clutch, what are you doing for a larger intake?

The Cobb intake is just a glorified stock intake. With a 20G, you'll be maxing out the 68mm MAF and would need a larger one. On cold days, I max out my 73mm intake every once in a while.

What are you looking to make for boost? The stock MAP sensor reads up to right around 22psi. Any more and you'll need to upgrade that.

Can't for get about controlling that boost, as the stock EBCS will need to be upgraded as well.

Lastly, put some cash away for new forged pistons/motor rebuild.

subscribed

GLWB, what kind of clutch are you getting?

I currently have an ACT HDSS with a street light flywheel it should hold this power.

Going with 850s for e85 options? 20g on e85 with fmic = nucking futz dd torque

No E85 for now just ACN 91 there aren't any pumps in the area. I might spray meth in the near future

Sounds like a great setup, I think I might go in the exact same direction. What made you chose the 20G over one of the dominator options?

Dominator turbos are great turbos but a 20g is plentiful for the power I'm seeking

KENNON YOU POSTED?????? OMFG its gonna snow in SF

HAHA I know its been awhile

Along with the clutch, what are you doing for a larger intake?

The Cobb intake is just a glorified stock intake. With a 20G, you'll be maxing out the 68mm MAF and would need a larger one. On cold days, I max out my 73mm intake every once in a while.

What are you looking to make for boost? The stock MAP sensor reads up to right around 22psi. Any more and you'll need to upgrade that.

Can't for get about controlling that boost, as the stock EBCS will need to be upgraded as well.

Lastly, put some cash away for new forged pistons/motor rebuild.

Ive had a chat with my tuner and he said that my stock maf would be sufficient for my set up. If I run into issues with MAF, I will consider a bigger MAF. I'm not going to be boosting anymore than around 20 psi. I will definately have an aftermarket boost controller. Ive set aside a rainy day fund for when this engine does decide to give. Thanks for the info!

Thanks everyone for your interest!

Equals 740cc injectors.;)

Yeah, im sure 740cc is sufficient but 850cc will give me a bit of room to grow. They were suggested by my tuner. I dont think theres issues with running bigger injectors then youre suppose to is there? possiblily atomization issues?

It doesnt sound like you need headroom but if your tuner likes them and you don't mind spending the extra scratch, go for it.

Do bigger injectors than you need matter? Yes but only with a much bigger delta. Should you use 2000cc injectors? Heck no. 740 vs 850? Meh, its all about money.

Day 1

Finally decide to start pulling things apart. Thanks to my lovely girlfriend for letting me use her back yard. I was going to do a compression test today but I forgot the tester at home. Nevertheless, I took out the spark plugs

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/dubs424/IMAG0183.jpg

All the plugs looked pretty uniform. Judging from the carbon, it looks like I was a bit rich. It was my first time taking spark plugs out on a Suby and it wasn't as difficult as I thought. Its just that from 07-09s we have that annoying air pump passage in the way of the #4 cylinder coil pack.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/dubs424/IMAG0187.jpg

I decided to also get started on removing the factory bumper beam. In order to do that I had to take off the bumper brackets located directly under the headlight housings. After the brackets are out, the beam should freely lift up and out. (I'm not sure if the 05-07s are the same)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/dubs424/IMAG0190.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/dubs424/IMAG0192.jpg

After that, I decided to test fit the FMS FMIC bumper beam. I won't be installing that beam just yet since the holes on the intercooler core do not line up with the holes on the beam. A Dremel should fix that right up. After that, I decided to wrap it up for the day.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll283/dubs424/IMAG0193.jpg

I'll be sure to post my compression results once I get it done on Friday. Wish me luck!

• Mega Users
sorry do Hijack your thread HNR, I just have a simple question for the vets. Is there a copper washer on the oil return line that should be replaced when swapping turbos? And if so, is the copper washer that from the banjo into the turbo the same size as the one that goes into the return? thanks guys/gals
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users
I don't think there is any copper washers for the return line. It might be possible that there is on on the feed side most likely for a banjo bolt

ya there is one there i got it in my shopping cart on infamous. nice, now i just gotta stop being a biatch and seal the deal on this stuff!

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

You know I was going to get a ebcs but Ed from eq tuning said that a manual boost controller is all I need. My friend had a brand new hallman manual boost controller laying around and let me have it. I'm still debating if I should get an ebcs

Archived