LegacyGT.com

Avoid Stevens Creek Subaru!!!!!

I have heard bad things about this dealership but I figured I would give them a shot. I brought the car in for an oil change and tire rotation. My car came back with 3 scratched wheels from carelessly using an impact gun. The dealer told me the wheels would be refinished and good as new. After 4 days the car came back with 15 extra miles on it and a less than poor finish on all four wheels. To top it off the car now had a cracked front windshield. Looks like someone enjoyed some joyriding in my car. The finish on the wheels was so bad that when I showed the service manager how bad the finish was the paint just flaked off with my fingernail. I fought and fought to get new wheels and I finally did. Now my weather stripping around my newly installed windshield is falling off and I have a door ding on my passenger door. To top it off I dropped the car off after washing it and they parked it next to the sprinklers for 4 days and now I had to spend the entire day detailing the car to get off the water spots. To add to the list the window repair guy stood in the door opening to install the window and broke the button for the power seats. Now I just discovered that and I have to take it in again.

How can this dealership do such a crappy job. They must use monkeys to fix everything around that place. For your safety I would never take your car or buy a car from this Stealership. :mad:

I have heard this over and over and over again about this stealership. I talked to an FXT owner a while ago (back in 04) that ordered a boost guage from them, installed it themselves because they wanted $500 to install it and then took it in for a wheel bearing failure and they said that they wouldn't cover it because of the "aftermarket" parts installed. Ya, the Subaru Boost guage that was purchased at Stevens Crap, oops, i mean creek.

AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAUGE.

If you have the chance, GO TO SUBARU OF SANTA CRUZ. They know customer service and monkeys that work at the creek wouldn't last a month there.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Wow! That sucks big toes.

Too bad you're not closer to San Diego. There's a really great dealership here and the SW and techs are awesome IME.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Wow! That sucks big toes.

Too bad you're not closer to San Diego. There's a really great dealership here and the SW and techs are awesome IME.

SBT

What dealership are you talking about here in SD? I've had my share of issues here in SD.

I have heard bad things about this dealership but I figured I would give them a shot.

Well you asked for it.

Sorry but I hate people that brings their cars into Stevens Creek as much as Stevens Creek itself. Especially since it seems that you knew what they're up to beforehand. You are what's keeping that horrible dealership alive.

Why would you keep taking the car back? Every time you have taken the car back to fix something they broke, they ended up breaking something else. Dude cut your losses now before its too late!!

Go to another dealer and have them get things right, oh and call SOA.

What dealership are you talking about here in SD? I've had my share of issues here in SD.

Kearny Mesa Subaru - I get all my Subes serviced there. But I only work with one Service Writer and one tech to build that relationship and to remove variability from the process. They know what I need/want/expect and they deliver. The Service Manager really works with you too.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have heard bad things about this dealership but I figured I would give them a shot. I brought the car in for an oil change and tire rotation. My car came back with 3 scratched wheels from carelessly using an impact gun. The dealer told me the wheels would be refinished and good as new. After 4 days the car came back with 15 extra miles on it and a less than poor finish on all four wheels. To top it off the car now had a cracked front windshield. Looks like someone enjoyed some joyriding in my car. The finish on the wheels was so bad that when I showed the service manager how bad the finish was the paint just flaked off with my fingernail. I fought and fought to get new wheels and I finally did. Now my weather stripping around my newly installed windshield is falling off and I have a door ding on my passenger door. To top it off I dropped the car off after washing it and they parked it next to the sprinklers for 4 days and now I had to spend the entire day detailing the car to get off the water spots. To add to the list the window repair guy stood in the door opening to install the window and broke the button for the power seats. Now I just discovered that and I have to take it in again.

How can this dealership do such a crappy job. They must use monkeys to fix everything around that place. For your safety I would never take your car or buy a car from this Stealership. :mad:

Yes, Steven's Creek Subaru is a pile of crap dealership. The worst mistake I ever made was buying SAS -- I was slave to Steven's Creek Subaru and their horrible service (living in Fremont at the time, it was unreasonable to go to dealerships in Oakland or Redwood City). With the exception of one service advisor, Chris Hawes (who's amazing: really good and really helpful), it's just a revolving door of unprofessional and incompetent service advisors and mechanics over there. Unlike most dealerships, you don't have the same service advisor every time.

They make mistakes, damage your car, don't return your car at the promised time or make bone-headed mistakes (like forgetting to screw in the oil drain plug). It took them three tries (and countless hours wasted) to find (and fix) a completely obvious vibration during braking caused by warped rotors. I would have fixed this myself in 3 hours and a trip to Kragen (to have them resurfaced) if the car wasn't under warranty. They wanted $500 to change the manual trans/rear diff fluid. It told them to take a hike and did the work myself. Their parts department constantly orders the wrong part, gives bad information, etc.

The one thing I will say is that they'll try to make it up to you. For my trouble, I got 3 free details (complete inside/out) and a $250 credit after complaining to the manager in an attempt to compensate me for the various inconveniences and mistakes they've made.

It's good to be away from that dealership! I never have to go back.

I had similar issues from Toyota dealership. The problem is that they outsource all that stuff. Plus the dealers usually have high turnover and low pay for the mechanics. But still the dealers are better than the average garage where the mechanics have no clue how to work on Subarus and won't even do an oil change right.

Kearny Mesa Subaru - I get all my Subes serviced there. But I only work with one Service Writer and one tech to build that relationship and to remove variability from the process. They know what I need/want/expect and they deliver. The Service Manager really works with you too.

SBT

I've had my share of issues with KM Subaru. (link to Subaruoutback.org thread) They are trying to make things right though. Had to initially get SOA and the service manager (Shawn) involved. Shawn is eager to make things work and has given me proof. I will need to bring the car in in the next two weeks to get the window alignment fixed still.

The only reason I went back is because they were the ones who messed it up so I felt they should fix it. I cut all ties to that dealership when I picked up my car the last time. They wanted to fix the scratch on the door trim and my power seat button but I requested the part be sent to my home and I will fix the seat myself. I will never let those monkeys touch my car again. Hopefully nobody on this forum will make the same mistake I did. At least I got 4 new wheels and 2 free tanks of gas.

Archived