LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT or 2005 Legacy 2.5i

Cmdkeen

I know, it is an LGT forum, but I need some help.

I'm currently driving a 2010 Nissan Maxima. I'm planning to return to school in January and can't afford the Maxima anymore.

So I've began searching for a car that I liked for some time...the Legacy.

I've narrow it down to 2 cars. One is a 2005 black Legacy with 121000km, automatic. The other, a 2005 silver LGT with 116000km, also automatic.

Is there anything I should be looking for...major problems. Plus I don't know if the mileage is something to be worried, it is +/- 17000km per year which is not that bad if the car was maintain correctly.

Well, every board have there dumb@$$ of service, legacygt is not an exception...Thanks for your comments.

What does that even mean? I am completely confused about what you were trying to say and I'm dead serious.

If you prefer power over gas mileage, get the LGT. If it's the other way, the non-turbo. Pretty simple. My LGT has 140,000 miles and no problems. Love the power :-)

I've narrow it down to 2 cars. One is a 2005 black Legacy with 121000km, automatic. The other, a 2005 silver LGT with 116000km, also automatic.

2.5i's have the advantages of better mpg, cheaper on insurance, cheaper to maintain, and more reliable. But the only advantage of getting the gt would be power, which comes at a price. 2.5i = 168 hp, GT = 250 hp. I'd be leaning towards the 2.5i in your case, unless you really want a fast car and think you can afford it.

>then a 2.5i is a much better choice<

Which one is the better choice is up to the OP to decide, not us.

>turbo cars are not cheap to maintain<

My turbo LGT with 140,000 milies has cost me nothing to maintain for the engine or turbo, and very little for the rest, aside from scheduled service.

considering OP is going back to school, and can't afford the newer car, then a 2.5i is a much better choice

turbo cars are not cheap to maintain

Thanks, I got a 2005 OBP LGT

Picking it up next week

First thing I would do is check the banjo bolts :confused: , remove turbo and play with it's shaft :wub: , while the turbo is off replace the uppipe with a catless one :eek:... then after all that look to trade it for a 2.5i... It's going to be way more cost effective for you!!!

Back to School, Back to School... to show the world that I'm still a fool... I bought an expensive car that I'll blow up later tonight... OH Back to School

First thing I would do is check the banjo bolts :confused: , remove turbo and play with it's shaft :wub: , while the turbo is off replace the uppipe with a catless one :eek:... then after all that look to trade it for a 2.5i... It's going to be way more cost effective for you!!!

Back to School, Back to School... to show the world that I'm still a fool... I bought an expensive car that I'll blow up later tonight... OH Back to School

Haha, that was funny.

I was just trying to help the guy out when I told him to get an Accord, but I think he got mad at me. I'm not a college student anymore and make quite very good money and I still wouldn't buy a 7 year old TURBO Subaru. Now, if I were mechanically inclined, that might be different. With that age of a car though and I'm sure the previous owner beat on it, I'm sure it will have issues.

OP, I hope you have no issues that arise. Good luck as it's a fun car.

Archived