LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Compliments

For the first time today my wife drove the car. She's pretty much indifferent when it comes to cars in general but she does know that this car has AWD, which was one of the features I touted when searching for and finally purchasing it. Anyway, she stepped on it pretty good entering the freeway and commented 'Wow, that all wheel drive really makes a difference. This is much faster than my car!'

I just smiled........

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the way to work this morning pulled up next to a guy in an '04 MBZ C320. He had an overall stock looking car but a huge exhaust on it and the 6 cylinder sounded great!! I motioned to him to roll down his window.

Me: "Sounds really nice man!!"

Guy: "You think? I've seen you all over. That's the best looking Legacy around!"

Me: "Thanks!"

Guy: "What have you done to it?

Me: "Just a Stage1 ECU tune."

Guy: "What kinda power you at?"

Me: "Depends on the dyno.... but maybe around 310 tq and 240 hp......at the wheels"

Guy: ....blank stare...jaw kinda dropped....

Me: "and some suspension work."

Guy: "Well it looks great! See ya around."

Traffic started moving.

Made my day!!!

Two-fer this morning.

1. Driving in carpool lane and approach slower moving wrx hatch in second lane. Gasses it as I am about to pass him so he can keep up. Gives me a head nod and thumbs up. I reciprocated.

2. Guy on a suzuki moto buzzing around while driving. Pulls up next to me at a stop...nods and thumbs up. I nod back in appreciation.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

For the first time today my wife drove the car. She's pretty much indifferent when it comes to cars in general but she does know that this car has AWD, which was one of the features I touted when searching for and finally purchasing it. Anyway, she stepped on it pretty good entering the freeway and commented 'Wow, that all wheel drive really makes a difference. This is much faster than my car!'

I just smiled........

Had close to the same experience the other day. GF normally drives a 05 kia spectra. Let her drive my car to run a few errands, she came back saying "I like your car! When I press the gas it actually GOES!" I smiled... Than got sad in my head because I have a 2.5i.....

Just now sitting in traffic after coming up on a guy pulling out of a driveway, the guy, in a huge 4X4 GMC, says...

Guy: What kinda car is that?

Me: Subaru Legacy

Guy: Tell you what! That car looks BAAADD ASSSSS comin' up on ya!!

:cool:

Wife: "Even though your car is slower than mine, can I take it to work today? It's supposed to snow"

I hand her the keys and tell her she is going to need it because she's not very good at driving in snow

Her car: 2012 TSX

Wife: "Even though your car is slower than mine, can I take it to work today? It's supposed to snow"

I hand her the keys and tell her she is going to need it because she's not very good at driving in snow

Her car: 2012 TSX

what's the tsx got for an engine? either way yours is way faster in the snow. Traction/Hp FTW!

• 1 month later...

Boy this thread really fell back. I'm moving it back up the list (where it should be - gotta be more compliments out there for these cars!) thanks to an encounter on my way back from work today.

As I'm driving home, I see a white Civic maybe 35 feet ahead of me starting to drift into my lane (both travelling the same way, he just started weaving between the left and right lanes). I slowed up a little to let him do whatever he was working on and to my bemusement, I see the driver lean out his window and snap a picture of my car with his phone while his passenger took the wheel.

When we reached a stoplight just ahead, he motioned to roll down the window and said,

"What the is that thing? It looks mean as hell!"

I briefly thought of telling him it was a corn-fed panda but opted for a more understandable "Subaru Legacy".

He nodded approvingly, then snapped another pic. :cool:

I read through these 6 pages and went "wow"....no such things happening over here.

Had only 1 scene happen back around 09/2010, a guy in a '08 Legacy sedan gave me a thumbs up after he rolled some 20 km behind/aside me on the highway to get a good glimpse...ah and a girl with a WRX I happen to encounter now and then going to the office - we flash our lights to say HI...but that's all.

I also stopped waving to other Subaru/Legacy/Outback drivers...they usually don't even notice and/or don't wave back anyway.

Some even looked as if I wanted to harrass them :eek:

Being this a "strange" car anyway, what happens usually is getting asked for a comment/opinion when people discover which car I drive.

My buddy bought a brand new 2014 Impreza Sport Wagon...which I wanted to begin with...and immediately after I pulled up with my new (to me) 2010 Legacy he said if he could do it again he would've bought a legacy. He said he never even noticed them before he saw mine.

I was visiting family in San Diego the other day, and I went to the post office. Did my business, went back into the car with my father-in-law. I started futzing with my phone, trying to find where our next stop was (Staples).

Some older gent walks up to my door, and proceeds to open it. He looks terribly confused for a second, then his face gets this look of surprise/embarrassment - and then he apologizes, "Oh I'm sorry I thought this was my car, so sorry."

No big deal, of course, and he goes around my car and into the next car parked on my right.

It was a brand-new dark-grey Jaguar XJ. :D

Was at a checkout stand tonight at a local market and the younger guy noticed my "L7" keychain in my hand and asked how/where I got it. (Friend plasma cut it) and said that he owned a legacy. Owned a white 03wagon that's slammed and he asked me what I had and said a really old one and then a new one "thats pretty nice". He said he wanted a 5th Gen and said that he saw a grey one last fall driving around with orange wheels one the interstate and knew right away that he wanted one but white. I laughed because I was "oh ya I noticed your car a time or two....btw that was me you would've been following on the interstate." Literally said "No ******* way I thought that car was a myth because my friends say they saw it all the time but id only saw it once and no has seen it since."

Once I explained the situation of what happened, and what is currently happening he got the biggest smile on his face. Exhanged #s and gonna give him a little rundown in it once its back.

Shared youtube videos with wife's uncle in Brazil. The entire family is full of soccer and F1 fanatics.

The uncle shared with a cousin who shared with someone else.... (large family)

The last night there, the talk was about Shrek and my driving. Although I am driving in an Advanced level now, I feel like a beginner with some track time and track familiarity, but I didn't stop them from talking about me and my car.

Not only had they never seen a Legacy, they were stunned with my Shrek outpacing better bred cars. I just kept silent and had a huge grin on the inside :D

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Soooo I saw this and would think it was complimental.... Lol!!!

I believe the reference is to the WRX/STI crowd. I've seen a few looking to get ticketed.

Interesting that the two make a great pair of tits.

As a 4th gen owner I wasn't thrilled with the 5th gen until I saw how mean they look with the proper set of wheels and tires. They looked "tipsy" to me, but check out GTEASER'S 5th gen.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bl-bp-legacy-gt-meaty-tire-thread-223705.html?p=4952011#poststop

Beautiful car, the flared fenders flow so nicely with a nice offset of the wheels.

So one 4th gen owner here that's not a 5th gen hater.