LegacyGT.com

O2 sensor's

I did a search, but really didn't find anything that I was looking for. I was looking to replace the 02 sensors, and started calling my local parts places that I use (O'reily's, auto zone, pepboys, etc) and not only do none of them carry them is stock, as I guess they are a specialty item, but the cheapest I was quoted was 159.99 for the front, and 129.99 for the after-cat.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks for looking!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those prices are spot on. The Bosch o2 sensors are OEM. But I would call your local Subaru dealer and check on prices. My local dealer was cheaper than the auto parts store, but they didn't have the front one in stock.:confused:

The Bosch sensors say Denso on them. Trust me they are exactly the same. I just replaced my front one 2 weeks ago.
Can you provide the Bosch part number for the sensor you purchased? Was it 15011 or 15019?

My car is surging/hesitating when cruising from a bad front sensor searching for proper Air/fuel ratio. No CEL is thrown so I guess it has to be bad enough before it tells you. Have not noticed adverse mileage yet.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

My car is surging/hesitating when cruising from a bad front sensor searching for proper Air/fuel ratio.
A failing front AFR sensor doesn't behave that way, unless you have a sensor-related trouble code.

I believe that the SOA MSRP is $149.95 for the front O2 sensor for their turbocharged cars with 32 bit ecu. You can buy it from online dealers from anywhere 110-115 dollars.

The Bosch part at local autoparts store is indeed made by Denso. However, it's priced even higher than SOA MSRP so I don't know why anyone would buy it.

Doing research I've seen many replies like this for the same problems I have from many member idk

Originally Posted by whitetiger http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

The front O2 sensor is bad. this explains why it only happens after the engine is warm. that when the car is in closed loop operation. The case dowes not use O2 reading during warmup and druing full throttle. only at idle and during part throttle. the sensor is giving bad readings so the the ecu cant adjust the fuel mixture properly. Spark plugs and new injectors wont fix this issue. The ECU is not thowing an O2 sensor code becuase it thinks the readings the sensor is giving is correct. Ive seen this before. Change the front O2 sensor.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Got new O2 sensor installed today car runs better no hesitation knock and the idle seems smoother.

Hmm, I've been wondering about the same thing since I get a lot of partial throttle cruise knock at random times... Not to sound dumb, but where exactly is the front o2 sensor?

it's right before up pipe on one of the manifolds. My car would feel like a misfire or hesitation under cruise or deceleration and when decelerating in 4th or 3rd around 2500-3000 rpm I'd get wicked knock sounded like a machine gun now completely gone. Never once got a CEL from it and my mileage was not effected that I could tell.

If you can change a spark plug you can do it. Just pop out the plastic rivet in the front passenger wheel well and and pull the cover down you will see the sensor right there. You need an O2 sensor socket and thats it.

If you can change a spark plug you can do it. Just pop out the plastic rivet in the front passenger wheel well and and pull the cover down you will see the sensor right there. You need an O2 sensor socket and thats it.

Cool, thanks! Is it like the rear where you can use a wrench if you are really careful or are there heatshields in the way which make you HAVE to use an o2 sensor socket?

So, plastic rivet in the wheel well, does the tire need to come off? Is there an access panel or take the whole fender lining out?

Just turn the wheel all the way to the right and you should be fine, but you will need an o2 socket. It has a little washer thing on it that makes it so you can't use a regular wrench.

Just turn the wheel all the way to the right and you should be fine, but you will need an o2 socket. It has a little washer thing on it that makes it so you can't use a regular wrench.

Thanks for the tips, made it super easy to get to... man it was in tight though..

You have to be careful when buying the front O2 sensor on the 05's because there were like 700 cars shipped to the states that had a different front O2 sensor than the rest of that year's fleet. I know because I had to replace mine and every sensor that I had shipped to me from parts store on the internet were wrong until one of the stores mentioned this to me and squared me away. You know you have the odd-ball one like mine by looking at the sleeve. If it's the yellow colored sleeve, it's the one I have. If it's the grey colored sleeve, it's the more common one.

Freddy

I am getting ready to change my 02 sensors as well. I have a slight misfire at idle and it happened after changing uppipe and downpipe.

I have 77000 on mine so i just as well change them and see if this is the problem.

Anyway I have the yellow sleeved sensors.

The part numbers the dealer gave me according to my VIN:

Rear: 22690aa69a

Front: 22641aa32a

Do you know what part numbers you recieved?

Great info guys, thanks. I will have to go home and check mine out, see if I have a yellow sleeve. I was just going to order it from the dealer, as everywhere else I called was just as expensive.

Archived