LegacyGT.com

5eat drives rear wheels in park?

Shotokan1509

I notice sometimes when I park the car on a certain angle and I go to shut off the car it rolls back or forward.

Usually when its cold though when everything is warmed up it does not do it. I think it is because there a small groves in the center diff clutch hub and sometimes they grab untill the unit is warmed up.

It's normal.

ericem, it's also normal for the car to roll a few inches forward or reverse after you've parked. Almost every transmission out there will do it, some more than others.

I pull the e-brake before I release the brake pedal and that way the whole weight of the car doesn't rest on the parking pawl in the tranny. It also won't be a bitch to shift out of Park when you go to leave.

It's normal.

ericem, it's also normal for the car to roll a few inches forward or reverse after you've parked. Almost every transmission out there will do it, some more than others.

I pull the e-brake before I release the brake pedal and that way the whole weight of the car doesn't rest on the parking pawl in the tranny. It also won't be a bitch to shift out of Park when you go to leave.

yes yes I think you mis understood.

When I put the vehicle in park and the engine is running foot OFF the brake pedal, but than go to shut off the car and bam the car suddenly rolls that NORMAL few inches you would expect only after I go to shut it off though with the car running it is like the rear wheels are being pushed ever so slightly.

Archived