LegacyGT.com

Need injector advice

I have a pretty standard level 2 build. I am not looking to make more than maybe 280hp so I dont want to go to top feed injectors. What 650 (which would be good for up to 500hp) side feed injectors that are not Deatschwerks are available & recommended?

M sprank I have recurring misfire code that is narrowed down to injectors. Local shop I use wont even tune a subaru with DW injectors. I have 850cc and was looking for an option without having to go to top feed. An unnecessary expense for my power goals.

Gto you're right...450hp then. Whatever...way past my goals.

900cc is what I used to recommend to get close to 450.

650cc is good for a lot less than that. Local shop won't use DW? Why not?

As an FYI, injectors are rated by cc per unit time. The bigger the injector, the bigger glob of fuel per opening. You want to have some headroom, but you don't want to over do it. 850 is way too big for a stage 2 build.

How did you narrow down the misfire code to injectors?

Wherever you are getting your info from, is wrong.

Sounds like the local shop would not be where I would be taking it for a tune. They have a problem with DW why? Probably they tried to get something for free and DW turned them down, so they have sour grapes, or possibly they tried to blame DW injectors for their ineptitude and it didn't turn out to be an injector problem, so they now won't recommend them? I would go somewhere else.

I really appreciate all the feedback, i really do. This shop is not doing my tune. I was just telling you their opinion of them. I have heard them tell other customers this...not just me. The only thing they have done for me so far is head rebuild and subsequent smoke and pressure test - did find my stock TMIC was cracked. Until it was replaced I didnt know if that could be causing the recurring code. Spark plugs are new. Coil packs are new. Injectors were used - but looked hardly used. Anyway they have narrowed it down to the injectors - in their opinion. I have not pulled them and had them all tested.

If I replace them (with whatever final choice) and there is still a problem that shop will be fixing it. This is my first Subaru but not my first rodeo. But you can see with s stage 2 - and ZERO plans to go further - why I dont want to go the the troible or expense of coverting to top feed. I suppose just swapping 2 injectors to see if the problem follows would narrow that down. That is probably the smartest/easiest next step.

Why not pull them and send them in for cleaning and flow testing? If you are able to pull two and switch them, send them all in and have them cleaned for $100 including shipping both ways. That way, you'll know if it's an injector and anyone you send them to will know instantly if one of the injectors are bad and will tell you so.

Look at the IDEA sticky at the top of the forum page. There are several listed on post #79 here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/idea-web-links-saved-various-parts-219238.html?p=4716256&highlight=injectors#post4716256

I've used DW to clean and realign 4 different sets of injectors and every set came back in fine shape. They were a bit weird to deal with on the phone, but the quality of the work was excellent. I know a lot of people that have used witchhunter and have had great luck.

Why pay this shop money if you can remove the injectors yourself and send them in? Don't let their narrow minded opinion ruin your chances at success. Look at that post and find one and send them in. You won't regret it.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought these. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/AUS-Injection-10188-850-4-Impedance-Injector/dp/B00BQUNQX6/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1434601988&sr=1-6&keywords=aus+injection+850]Amazon.com: AUS Injection (10188-850-4) 850cc High Impedance Fuel Injector, (Set of 4): Automotive[/ame]

Archived