LegacyGT.com

Front end vibration/hum

Have a question on an 05 Legacy. Front end had a vibration/hum, only when turning to the right. Figured it was the front left bearing, and replaced it fairly easily. At 185k, it likely needed it anyway. Right fron was replaced about 1½ years ago when some guy ran a stop sign and boradsided my wheel; no noise when turning left. Rear left was replaced; rear right will likely be replaced fairly soon.

Put everything back together, along with new rotors and brakes all around and the hum/vibration seems to still be there, a little different sounding it seems.

Would a bad c/v joint cause the vibration? Aside from a defective bearing being just put in, what else might I check for?

Thanks...

Yes a CV joint can cause that.

You may want to verify the right front tire doesn't have a belt issue first.

CV joints normally make a clicking sound while turning.

Get under the car with a good light and check out the boot on the CV, inner and outter.

I got my left front axle from Advance Auto Parts over 2 years ago for $80.00, it was 100% new not a re-man.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Its possible for axle to make humming sounds but normally makes clicking noise during turns while accelerating. Also will clicked really loud under heavy load. I would check your tire could be out of balance or damaged. I would rotate the tires and see if the noise moves.

Archived