LegacyGT.com

Underseat Sub-woofer

I am looking into installing a sub-woofer under my drivers or passenger seat. I want the bass but i don't want to sacrifice space. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good aftermarket sub amp combination, and how difficult it would be to install as this will be my first stereo mod :).

Thanks!!

i got a basslink installed in the trunk of my bd outback SUS and it fits prefectly in the trunk in the back corner behind the drivers taillight, it scarfices very little room and i can still utilize the trunk and have the seats folded down with out the sub in the way

i got a basslink installed in the trunk of my bd outback SUS and it fits prefectly in the trunk in the back corner behind the drivers taillight, it scarfices very little room and i can still utilize the trunk and have the seats folded down with out the sub in the way

pictars please? im looking for a good set up as well. i may end up just mimicking the underseat cabinet and making my own tho.

pictars please? im looking for a good set up as well. i may end up just mimicking the underseat cabinet and making my own tho.

ill get some pics of it later on. im doing some work on my moms car so i loaned her the subie for a few weeks.

ill get some pics of it later on. im doing some work on my moms car so i loaned her the subie for a few weeks.

how do you like the sound of your bass link thinking of buying the same for a whille just never met a person with that setup in their car. how does the sub hit?

I have one of these and I feel it's more than sufficient. I'm not the type that likes to listen to music with the subwoofer drowning out everything else.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KSC-SW10-150-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B00134X0AO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1344386751&sr=8-4&keywords=kenwood+subwoofer+amplifier+10%22]Amazon.com: Kenwood KSC-SW10 5-Inch x 7-Inch 150-Watt Max Powered Subwoofer with Remote Control: Car Electronics[/ame]

I have one of these and I feel it's more than sufficient. I'm not the type that likes to listen to music with the subwoofer drowning out everything else.

Amazon.com: Kenwood KSC-SW10 5-Inch x 7-Inch 150-Watt Max Powered Subwoofer with Remote Control: Car Electronics

im past my 15" subs days, but i do like to hear the bass. the only thing i dont like about that enclosure is the 5X7 size. i may end up doing the cubby hole fill like ive seen on other forums. i have access to all the tools and fiberglass, may as well play around.

in the wagons, theres a stow spot on each side behind the wheels. the passenger one is empty, the drivers side has the jack in it. i saw a DiY to use that space for a 10" sub in a fiberglass cabinet formed to fit in there. cant remember which site that was on, gotta go find it again.

The passenger side one holds two one-quart bottles of fluid perfectly. I usually keep one quart of oil and one quart of something else (was power steering fluid back when it leaked, but I suppose I could make it something else now. Maybe Invisible Glass spray, lol.)

is the stock under seat sub woofer any good. I was looking around under there and noticed it under the driver seat. The thing is, only one speaker is working right now and about 4 radio stations. But I noticed that subaru subwoofer under my seat and got excited.

how do you like the sound of your bass link thinking of buying the same for a whille just never met a person with that setup in their car. how does the sub hit?

it doesnt hit hard but it gives a decent bump . the outback is my daily and i needed bass and the bass link was reasonably priced, still gave me trunk space, and gave me just enough bass . not the loud annoying bass like some people driving around. its nothing like my other cars my volvo has dual 10in solobarics and thats pounds. my benz has a single 10 in a ported box and thats hits pretty hard . ill get some pics this weekend

so i cant find that damn DiY for the fiberglass enclosure anywhere, but i talked to my friend that owns a stereo shop about it. he said it wouldnt be a difficult thing to fab, so my car will be the template for the passenger side. we are going to make molds for future boxes if others want them too. gonna do some measuring this weekend i think, he wants to see how much of a sub we can get in there.

amp wont fit in there without some serious work to the interior, im thinking it will be a cut in to the side, or under the seat mounted. not sure yet. havent had any time to work on this yet, my son started football again, so the weekend was full of potlucks and scrimmages. gotta love football in 115 degree weather.

Archived