LegacyGT.com

Ice in Muffler

AFig36

Had an interesting experience last week that I figured I'd share with the Board in case anyone else gets it.

The NE had a minor snow storm last week and -- somehow -- I ended up with some ice in one of my mufflers. It created a horrible resonance and made the car ('11 3.6R) sound more like a muscle car or an STi on its last breath.

Wasn't sure what the issue was at first (hole in muffler, muffler detaching if I hit an ice chunk, etc.), so I just took it in. Once they got the car warmed up in the bay, the ice melted and they drained out the water.

Had an interesting experience last week that I figured I'd share with the Board in case anyone else gets it.

The NE had a minor snow storm last week and -- somehow -- I ended up with some ice in one of my mufflers. It created a horrible resonance and made the car ('11 3.6R) sound more like a muscle car or an STi on its last breath.

Wasn't sure what the issue was at first (hole in muffler, muffler detaching if I hit an ice chunk, etc.), so I just took it in. Once they got the car warmed up in the bay, the ice melted and they drained out the water.

I hope they didn't charge you for that.... sounds like something you could have done yourself

Archived