LegacyGT.com

transmission and differential fluid?

What type of transmission and differential fluids do yall recommend for a 5mt leggy gt? Figured I'd post this cause autozone's computer couldn't bring up any recommendations and the local Subaru dealership is closed for the day. I'm guessing 75w-90 GL-5, but what about synthetic versus non-syn?

Subaru Xtra-s full synthetic in the gearbox, stuff is magic. Don't waste time with any other stuff, its all bullshit........it is magic. Freds beans sell quarts.

you can use regular 75w-90 synthetic in the rear diff.

Grimmspeed also makes a cocktail for transmission that supposedly works wonders. Might want to give that a try. I will be ordering it when I get my next paycheck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

If your going to buy 5 qt's of Extra-S and plan to keep the car, think about buying a 5 gallon pile. After just over two changes you've about paid for the 5 gallons.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I work at an auto repair shop and just asked my BG rep to bring me some of the syncro shift...didn't have any shifting issues, but wanted to go ahead and change it out. also called the shop where all of the service was done on mine (05 gt 5spd man) and they had used the same product before. no issues so far and i have 132.000!!

Are you sure that is Extra-S ? Have you seen the 5 gallon can ? it's gold and black and I believe it say's Extra-S on it. I'll check when I get home.

You may be able to find a picture of the can in my link in my sig. I can't view pictures here at work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Are you sure that is Extra-S ? Have you seen the 5 gallon can ? it's gold and black and I believe it say's Extra-S on it. I'll check when I get home.

You may be able to find a picture of the can in my link in my sig. I can't view pictures here at work.

Removed the photos and the post so there isn't any misinformation. I checked it and I got some info on NASOIC. Looks like it's an alternative to Extra-S. Damn parts guy duped me.

Yeah I saw your photo and saw my bottle and it definitely did not look as snazzy.

Yea, after I posted, I was thinking may be I should have told you my story when I ordered the Extra-S.

The first parts guy thought it was all the same stuff. Luckily they know me and when the supervisor saw my name and the order he questioned what the guy ordered, called me to verify what I wanted. He cancelled that order and got me what I wanted.

Funny how that letter say's it's an alternitive to the 5 gallon can of Extra-S, makes it sound like they just package the Extra-S in qt's now.

Yea, after I posted, I was thinking may be I should have told you my story when I ordered the Extra-S.

The first parts guy thought it was all the same stuff. Luckily they know me and when the supervisor saw my name and the order he questioned what the guy ordered, called me to verify what I wanted. He cancelled that order and got me what I wanted.

Funny how that letter say's it's an alternitive to the 5 gallon can of Extra-S, makes it sound like they just package the Extra-S in qt's now.

I'm guessing that's how the parts guy got confused. I honestly didn't even look at the bottle until I was posting the photos, I just took his word for it. When I didn't see synthetic, I googled the part number and voila not Extra-S. Lucky I haven't put it in yet.

Archived