LegacyGT.com

Curious, SoCal on 91... who is the fastest?

My pathetic searching is pulling quick cars on 93 octane and I'm wondering what guys are making on 91.

:D

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not so cal but nor cal. And I guess since no one posted yet I will claim fastest lol. I ran a blistering 13.620 @ 99.4mph dyno'd 226whp (165whp @ redline) and 271 wtq. This was on my 3rd revision of my stage 2 tune. Crappy piss water cali gas FTW!!!!

I want to go to the track while Im still stock just to see what I do. Then stage 1 the next week. Then stage 2 the next. And finally stage 3 later but then Id feel like im beating on my CLUTCH too much.

Fixed + got to pay to play + the only thing you need to compare is trap speed, dont bother launching all crazy. Its the MPH that says how fast the car is. The ET says how fast the driver is.

I ran a 12.6 @ 112mph on a 91 oct tune. Did it on a tank of 92, though.

Not 91oct and not in SoCal you troll :lol::p;):cool:

Oh Ive almost never felt Ive beat my clutch up besides the time where I completely forgot how to launch and was burning it up. My exedy oem replacement has literally 100+ 5500 rpm launches on it and when I took a look at it at the shop it still had plently of life in it.

Eh I guess. Ive had my injectors and pump laying around for a bit. In the end Id really like to get the blouch 20g and I still might but time and money will tell. I just spent 1600 on new wheels/camber kit/alignment/misc, but again time will tell.

Fixed + got to pay to play + the only thing you need to compare is trap speed, dont bother launching all crazy. Its the MPH that says how fast the car is. The ET says how fast the driver is.

+1, but ET also shows how well the car puts its power to the ground. I've seen quite a few mid 11 second passes with my same trap speeds from RWD cars with drag suspension and sticky tires.

Not 91oct and not in SoCal you troll :lol::p;):cool:

:lol: Just figured i'd advertise my times where ever I can!

[quote=TRSCobra;3966513

:lol: Just figured i'd advertise my times where ever I can!

Just fixored the header just for you buddy.

Max....lol, and no inaccurate airboys please.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Just fixored the header just for you buddy.

Well, don't CA, NV, and AZ have worse 91 oct than everyone elses, though?

You guys may be at more of a disadvantage than everyone else.

+1, but ET also shows how well the car puts its power to the ground. I've seen quite a few mid 11 second passes with my same trap speeds from RWD cars with drag suspension and sticky tires.

I would retort that what you are talking about is 60' and trap (and 330') more than ET and trap.

Max....lol, and no inaccurate airboys please.

Whats an airboy (or dyno for that matter) have to do with how FAST you are? :iam:

I would retort that what you are talking about is 60' and trap (and 330') more than ET and trap.

60' times are pretty much all traction, and they're directly linked to the overall ET of the run. You hear a lot of old drag racing guys say "you bring down that 60' and you'll have a much better time."

Whats an airboy (or dyno for that matter) have to do with how FAST you are? :iam:

Unfortunately on this forum, airboys and dyno numbers are all most people go by, since they're too scared to launch their car at the dragstrip. Or they'll say "I'm just not into drag racing" as an excuse.

This is true. What im confused about is how u guys manage a 1.8 or less 60 foot. I know i can launch my car and am not in the littlest bit scared to launch it but i could only manage at the lowest a 2.01. That is 100% throttle 5500 rpm launch and getting the tires to give a few little chirps out of the hole. I honestly think its the track because ive outlaunched a stage 2 08 sti a few times and beat him till around 65. And i was on a pro tuned 04 sti bumper out of first gear and he was cluth dumping 7 grand. All on a closed course of course. Im gonna try infineon next time instead of sac and see what i do there.

This is true. What im confused about is how u guys manage a 1.8 or less 60 foot. I know i can launch my car and am not in the littlest bit scared to launch it but i could only manage at the lowest a 2.01. That is 100% throttle 5500 rpm launch and getting the tires to give a few little chirps out of the hole. I honestly think its the track because ive outlaunched a stage 2 08 sti a few times and beat him till around 65. And i was on a pro tuned 04 sti bumper out of first gear and he was cluth dumping 7 grand. All on a closed course of course. Im gonna try infineon next time instead of sac and see what i do there.

Maybe it's the OB gearing? I got a 1.736 60' when I was stage 2 with the stock clutch. Started slipping on the way home from the track. :)

Archived