LegacyGT.com

5EAT numbers

angeltalin

looking into 5eat's and just want to see the numbers people are putting out, with the valve body upgrade...also would be cool to see a list of other mods too, thanks in advance
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your car will be the record holder by a large margin.

My gut says your IPT trans is not going to hold as long as you would like, especially since we now know most or all of what they actually do.

Call me if it begins to be a problem. I'm bulletproofing mine as well.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I'll give you some numbers when we are done.. shooting for 650ish whp

Stage 4 built motor, IPT Built trans, GT4088r

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee359/frkkevin/2fdf0729.jpg

OMg...650ish in a 5EAT...that will be fun! That turbo is massive!!

Rehab is for quitters.

If it breaks it breaks :) .. in the end if there is failure I'll just go with my original plan and convert to a GM trans and make a RWD car with a trans brake.. maybe some tubs as well :p

If it breaks can I have it? :D:D:D

What are tubs?

hot-tub-car.jpg

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

How long has everybody's tranny taken to re-learn shift points after you've gone Stage III?

Not sure how high tuner raised the rev limiter but car now goes all the way to 7K and I have to lift for it to shift. It doesn't bounce before 7K.

Loving my new BNR16G , 850 side feeds and Wallbro, plus all the other stage 2.5 goodies.

Raising the rev limiter is really easy. You just change the rpm value in the fuel cut table.

It takes as little as 100 miles or as much as 400 miles for the TCU to relearn. However, this would require a TCU reset, which I'm assuming you didn't do. The shift points don't change based on what stage you are anyways. Shift firmness probably won't change either, since none of the tranny inputs are any different. In short, nothing should change unless you did a SSM or FreeSSM full TCU reset.

Raising the rev limiter is really easy. You just change the rpm value in the fuel cut table.

It takes as little as 100 miles or as much as 400 miles for the TCU to relearn. However, this would require a TCU reset, which I'm assuming you didn't do. The shift points don't change based on what stage you are anyways. Shift firmness probably won't change either, since none of the tranny inputs are any different. In short, nothing should change unless you did a SSM or FreeSSM full TCU reset.

on my 08, with a tactrix, I can't seem to get free ssm to connect to anything, everything else works fine with LV and romraider.... any other ideas how to reset the tcu?

on my 08, with a tactrix, I can't seem to get free ssm to connect to anything, everything else works fine with LV and romraider.... any other ideas how to reset the tcu?

Due to your CANbus ECU, you probably won't be able to connect to FreeSSM with existing drivers. You can get your TCU fully reset at a stealership.

well wtf. I guess nobody cares about 07+ software....lol

It's old software and hasn't been updated. It could be hacked, but I can't see it being worth anyone's while, business-wise. The R35 GT-R has a hacked TCU, which Cobb did because it was a great opportunity to make an extra $500 per AP sale to anyone who could afford it.

You can aftermarket TCU it for $1000, or MegaShift for few hundred, but none of those are terribly necessary with the prospect of mechanical shift kits.

271whp/312wtq. turbo back exhaust, itsme FMIC, KStech intake, EBCS, and bren tuned.

lordchilly if you dont mind me asking. What elso do you have done besides what you've listed? Has your tranny failed at all? Do you have fueling (injectors and pump)? valvebody? pulley? headers? up pipe? upgraded boost actuator and torque converter? How much boost you running? my trans and torque converter has blown up on my stage 2 and i bought my car new. I want my stage 2.5 to run close to the same power as yours

lordchilly if you dont mind me asking. What elso do you have done besides what you've listed? Has your tranny failed at all? Do you have fueling (injectors and pump)? valvebody? pulley? headers? up pipe? upgraded boost actuator and torque converter? How much boost you running? my trans and torque converter has blown up on my stage 2 and i bought my car new. I want my stage 2.5 to run close to the same power as yours

The extra torque and hp is prob from the FMIC and they dyno used might have red a bit high. I am a close second to him, at 228hp/312wtq on EFI Logics Mustang dyno (which reads notoriously low). IPT valve body, tranny cooler, TBE, tranny mount, tmic, ebcs. Been on stg 2.5 for over a year now, about 16k put on the car. Tranny is fine. Use manual mode most of the time. I do ATF drain/fill every 10k. My car was also stg 1 for about 19k. Right now I have 35k going on 36k on the clock and running fine.

Archived