LegacyGT.com

Info on OB to GT suspension geometry. (Removing spacer)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are doing the full and proper swap, the shifter does not need to be changed. The trans crossmember should be swapped to keep everything in alignment.

Thank you. I am doing the full proper swap. So the manual crossmember from a 6 speed B-spec legacy sedan would work on my auto OBXT? Just want to make 100% sure before I buy the parts.

Ok still doing the opposite, but only part I wont have is the center drive shaft bearing...so might just leave that and let it wear out early and then replace it with the OB lower bearing piece

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you. I am doing the full proper swap. So the manual crossmember from a 6 speed B-spec legacy sedan would work on my auto OBXT? Just want to make 100% sure before I buy the parts.

I haven't done that part myself, but from what I can tell, any non- Outback crossmember should work.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

As for the drive shafts.... In the picture on page 5 it looks like theyre different lengths, might just be the angle the picture was taken though. Does the whole driveshaft have to be replaced or just the center bearing? Just wondering because having the bearing shipped would be WAY easier than the whole drive shaft.

• 1 month later...
As for the drive shafts.... In the picture on page 5 it looks like theyre different lengths, might just be the angle the picture was taken though. Does the whole driveshaft have to be replaced or just the center bearing? Just wondering because having the bearing shipped would be WAY easier than the whole drive shaft.

wow its been a long time since I was here. Been busy building new home.

Driveshaft bearing support is different. I swapped the whole driveshaft but some guy simply leave it but its at a small angle.

I am not sure if you can change the support and bearing only.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to be aware of if you do this swap out from the OB to legacy setup.

The motor will stick up into the engine bay the width of the removed spacers.

I compared mine to my buddies LGT and his motor is def more close to the hood, and the tranny is closer to the tunnel.

Hence the reason for the steering joint being changed out.

Anyway not a big deal unless you have a FMIC piping that is a bit tall like on the AVO FMIC like I have.

On my outback the turbo outlet is fine and no problems with it hitting the understde of the hood.

On a lot of LGT's the turbo outlet has to be trimmed down because it hits the underside of the hood.

Ill be doing this soon and have been looking at some of the differences and this is another thing I noticed

Edited by Scooby2.5

wow its been a long time since I was here. Been busy building new home.

Driveshaft bearing support is different. I swapped the whole driveshaft but some guy simply leave it but its at a small angle.

I am not sure if you can change the support and bearing only.

I don't think the angle of the shaft and the bearing matter much.

I have a 6 speed swap and I am using a 4eat legacy drive shaft in my outback XT and its just fine. No vibration or anything.

Once I do the swap it should be even better since Im already using the legacy shaft :spin:

I also noticed that the outback under tray has spacers and bolts that are a bit different holding it on.

Not a problem going from outback to legacy but if you are taking a legacy GT to outback suspension you need the spacers and the bolts for the under tray.

The outback motor sits 1 inch lower so the tray is spaced downward as well.

Edited by Scooby2.5

Question.

regarding the hood scoop, tmic, and plastic engine cover.

If the OBXT engine sits an inch lower than the LGT gngine, does the OBXT have a taller engine cover, a taller scoop(under side of the hood), or does it just have a gap between the scoop and engine cover?

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think the scoop plastic and foam on the underside of the hood is a bit longer from the hood to the engine cover.

I know for sure that the engine cover is the same

If anyone has an LGT one they could take a picture of I could take a picture of the outback XT one.

I actually took mine off the hood a few weeks ago, because I have a FMIC and the plastic was rubbing the turbo outlet.

Yeah I wasn't sure if you'd know since you had fmic haha

I'll grab a pic when I get home.

That's jisy another part of the swap I'll need to find then since I'll be staying tmic

"Build" Thread <--Link

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys I have two legacy GT upper control arms that I am going to sell if anyone wants them.

I purchased some spec b bits this week so don't need the legacy GT ones. I just had them sandblasted so they are ready for paint or powder coat.

I also have a set of BC/BR coil overs I am going to sell. They have outback cartridges but really need new cartridges so you could go with the legacy or outback cartridge if you so choose. Josh Nahum at import image sells the cartridges.

PM me if any interest.

Ok well I just purchased aluminum suspension pieces off the forum to use when I remove the spacers.

couldn't pass the deal up.

Anyone put the spec b pieces on an outback xt?

I purchased all the aluminum spec b pieces and the whiteline stuff in this pic....

Im not going to use the whiteline ball joint and tie rod kit as it is for really lowered cars and I will be at pretty much stock LGT height 14.5-15in center cap to flare.

Also not using rear diff mount, as I already have one with my 6 speed swap.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=168021&d=1384739298

Edited by Scooby2.5

Anyone put the spec b pieces on an outback xt?

I have the upper arms in mine, and I have all the rest sitting in my garage waiting to go in. I plan to assemble the rear arms with new bearings and the STI backing plates I have before mounting them, but removal and install seems pretty straight forward.

Also not using rear diff mount, as I already have one with my 6 speed swap.

That is the one piece I don't have. Are you looking to sell it, or didn't you get it?

You have the upper rear arms in yours?

Yea I am selling the mount.

I actually stuck it in a thread that Kaos22 started as he was selling one.

It may already be sold but if not Ill let you know.....

Yep, I installed the upper arms when I installed the Bilstiens.

No worries about the mount. I was just thinking about completing the set. Gotta catch 'em all doncha know :lol:

Oh my god !! I was starting to look to buy a outback xt since i dont find a good lgt but i didnt think it would take that much stuff to bring the outback at the same level and feeling of the lgt..

Actually it's not much stuff at all.

With that said you can just drop it with coils or springs like most do and it does fine.