LegacyGT.com

Factory Spoiler on 08 Spec. B

Hey guys,

In looking for Spec Bs in California I have found that all except one come with the factory spoiler, which I don't really like.

Is it something that can be removed easily? When installing it, did they have to drill anything? I would much rather have the lower lip that I've seen on some pictures than the tall one that dealers (or factory) have installed.

If I can get rid of this spoiler and not have any holes I won't worry. If I will have holes but can cover them with the shorter lip, then it might be fine. Otherwise I'll try to buy the only Spec B without the spoiler.

Thanks

I think there are 4 holes for mounting, and maybe 1 more for the wiring of the light.

I was afraid of that. So definitely if I don't want the spoiler I have to get the one without it, otherwise I'll have some unwanted holes.

I hadn't thought about that. I actually just got a call from the guy that has offered me a good price on one with a spoiler and he offered me the Quartz Silver model they have with nos poiler. I like the Diamond Gray Metallic better.

just order the car you want, wait 4 to 8 weeks & u get ur car :)

Well, the good thing about getting an 08 is that they are discounted AND have special financing. I will try to get it the way I want otherwise I'll wait.

I heard back from the dealer that has the one without the spoiler and they are still offering the special price.

If all goes well I'll have my Spec B by the end of the week :spin:

F*cking dealer installs... F*CKING DEALER INSTALLS. Those bastards charged me 500 bucks for my spoiler. Claimed they had to paint it and stiff. BS. And they just drilled the holes into the trunk lid. They didn't deburr the exit holes, or clean any of the metal shavings out of the trunk.

The burred holes cut the hell out of the weather strip and I (not realizing) put my hand in the trunk liner to wipe off some dirt and got a handful of shavings.

I nearly melted the phone to the dealership manager's ear. :spin:

The only reason I went with it is because I know how much of a royal pain it is to hand torque trunk springs. F THAT.

I was told by my dealer that the Spec.B spoiler was made out of some special rocket composite alloy developed by NASA that changes shape with the cars speed giving it a more aerodynamic profile and decreasing to drag coefficient making it go faster than an ordinary Legacy GT.

That's the whole reason I got the Spec.B with a spoiler.

I was told by my dealer that the Spec.B spoiler was made out of some special rocket composite alloy developed by NASA that changes shape with the cars speed giving it a more aerodynamic profile and decreasing to drag coefficient making it go faster than an ordinary Legacy GT.

In other words - it's just flexing. But with a calculated flex.

No need to use a special composite for that, all materials flex (but a few don't flex much), the point is to make it work for you. In F1 there is a limit on how much flex that is allowed.

And a wing is needed most when cornering. When driving straight it only have to keep up with the lift generated by the body shape of the car to make the car stable.

453747.png

Well, there you are. And because it was the car dealer who told you that, well, OK, then.

I like mine for the second, redundant, middle brake it provides. Ugh. HPH

... when I purchased my 01 GT Limited, I was told by the salesman during the test drive that the leather seats were made out of calf leather ... I almost laughed him out of the car.

Archived