LegacyGT.com

Jumped car now window doesn't work

blasim12

So my car died on me today? It was sitting in accessory while I was in it for about 3-5 minutes, I jumped my '10 legacy with a jump box and now my drivers side window works but does not automatically go up or down. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be or solutions. I have not checked the fuse yet since I don't have the tool to get the fuse out. I'm headed to a dealership tomorrow to check and see if it is just the fuse or not. Like I said any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem, the service dept. told me to open the window and hold the button down for a few seconds after the window is all the way down and then put the window up and hold the button down for a few seconds after the window is up and that resets it. Worked for me.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Are the battery terminals clean and tight ?

If your battery died that soon, have you replaced it yet ?

After you remove the cables for cleaning, you have reset the ECU. Turn the key to ON for 10 second before starting the engine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You have to reprogram the switch is all after it is reset. You can unplug it from under the door panel to do this as well. If you accidentally programmed it poorly. After that you roll the window down all the way holding the button from the top to the bottom. Don't let go. Keep holding all the way down after the window has stopped for a few seconds. Let go. Now roll the window back up holding the button up all the way the whole time and a few seconds after it is all the way up. Repeat down and then up. It should now be programmed.

Archived