LegacyGT.com

Please help car starts then cuts off

Ok so i made a previous post.

I installed a bates kit (timing belt, water pump, crank seal, oil pump gasket, etc)

So after everything torqued down and put back together. Started the car then it shut off.

I aligned all the marks, rotated the crank one full complete turn.

My o2 sensor is disconnected was in the process of installing a new one but got dark and i was more so worried about the car not starting.

Does this has anything to do with it? Didnt hear any clicking are anything hitting.

I have a 97 legacy gt wagon (auto)

look for a large hose, 1 inch in diameter, disconnected underneath the plastic air intake. about half way in between the air filter and the throttle body. it runs from the plastic intake to the IAC i think.

common missed connection, hard to see, that can cause this problem.

look for a large hose, 1 inch in diameter, disconnected underneath the plastic air intake. about half way in between the air filter and the throttle body. it runs from the plastic intake to the IAC i think.

common missed connection, hard to see, that can cause this problem.

This.

Now its overheating. I drove it around and when i unloosened the valve on top of the radiator that lets the air out. A ton of white smoke came pouring out. So i let it cool checked all my hoses they where fine. Added more coolant then drove it. Started overheating again pulled over noticed the reservoir was full.

So im wondering if the coolant is cycling backwards. So my thermostat?

Im gonna take the thermostat out and drive without it and see if my heat stops.

Yea. 150k on the car. Figured it out one of the cooler lines was loose problem A. Then for some reason the radiator car was not sitting right problem B. causing the fluids to slip out and running it all to the reservoir. Did a pressure test at the shop it all passed. Filled it up again. No overheating. Thank god!

Archived