LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

Here she goes. 3K to redline 3rd gear pull.

Shortly after I had a metallic rattles @ 4k rpms and smoke from my oil filler and dip stick tubes. Bubbles on dipstick @ idle before oil change but not so much now. I also got a solid hit on CYL #2 on the roughness monitor. Gonna log an idle and ride down driveway.

romraiderlog_20110221_113713.csv

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Dude, post to the "Tuning" sub-Forum. :)

I'm no good at reading logs, aside from the very basics. :redface:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ +1. :(

What's the plan, now?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

a-b car. No funds no space no manning for a tear down/rebuild party. Too much time invested to just walk away unless you happen to know a buyer. The damn thing is like an injured cat masking how much pain it's in. Starts, runs, drives, doesn't stall, and no random coolant/oil consumption.

^ OK, just throwing this out there - is it the oil pump?

The reason I ask is because that's what one person who'd heard Sara's FXT (back when its engine blew) thought it sounded like - but obviously, in our case, it was trying to stall-out, there was noticeable lack of power, etc.

i had a good experience with the guys at slick motorsports on my stage 3 install.

i would trust them to swap out my shortblock and they have reasonable prices. but if you do end up swapping it out yourself and i am free id love to watch/help

side note: i have much more piece of mind with the oil pressure gauge

i had a good experience with the guys at slick motorsports on my stage 3 install.

i would trust them to swap out my shortblock and they have reasonable prices. but if you do end up swapping it out yourself and i am free id love to watch/help

side note: i have much more piece of mind with the oil pressure gauge

Dave has a hell of an Evo X as well...and he can actually drive it (usually).

^ OK, just throwing this out there - is it the oil pump?

The reason I ask is because that's what one person who'd heard Sara's FXT (back when its engine blew) thought it sounded like - but obviously, in our case, it was trying to stall-out, there was noticeable lack of power, etc.

Lack of power yes for about 3 months but it didn't have any ticking noises. After 2nd gear the car could meet and exceed 85 mph on freeway. Stalling, no. I can start it and watch it idle in theory till it ran out of gas or situation gets worse.

Last night about 1030 spotted a dark color legacy with exhaust outside legacy village.

I think that was me, were you at the stoplight by "La Place" (with my Americanized French accent, oui oui)

I have been all over the greater Cleveland area for the last 6 months, and now towards Akron too.

My trannsmission is shot again. The Legacy 5 speed totally sucks, anyone can or has argued with me, but having to have it rebuilt every 60k is not what I consider a very good transmission.

Edited by what?

• 3 weeks later...

Yep I have a Stromung. It would be interesting to see if yours is exactly the same as mine since I got mine 5 years ago. We need to try and get together this summer again sometime and see how our cars sound. I am running a resonator on mine now, I think its a Dynomax. I had to quiet it down a little because I know not all the neighbors appreciated a great Subie engine sound.

I now have another rebuilt tranny and went back to Spec for my clutch. The Spec clutch is so much better than ACT. I dont plan on ever buying another ACT clutch for anything.

• 2 weeks later...

What up guys?? GLAD TO SEE SOME FELLOW OHIO SUBARU FANS!! Chardon, OH (40min east of Cleveland) is where you'll find me and my Dark Blue 05 Legacy GT L. Got it in 06, and Looooooove it! Then......stock Turbo blew. (BUMMER) Soooooo I searched around and found a place called Rallitek.com. I said lets do it and ordered their stage 3 AVO turbo kit! I Then found a website called gripmotorsports.com and got an Greddy Evo2 exhaust. Little less then six grand and heres what I have.

AVO 380 21psi Turbo

AVO Top mount intercooler

AVO Air intake

AVO 245lt/h High flow fuel pump

Deatsch Werks 740cc Fuel injectors

COBB Access port ECU map controller

AVO Up pipe (bought separately from kit)

AVO Down pipe (bought separately from kit)

GREDDY EVO Catback exhaust

FIERCE ZR tires

Rallitek Light weight Aluminum Scrape/skid plate

JUST SHY OF 6 GRAND. (Not including tires)

Stock Legacy GT.......250hp Quarter mile time: low 14's

STAGE 1. (Economy map) est. 280-290hp. Quarter mile time: 13.23 @114.23mph

(Going by the readout I ran from the Cobb access port)

STAGE 2. est 350-360hp. Quarter mile time N/A

STAGE 3. est 380-400hp. Quarter mile time N/A

(I HAVENT DYNOED IN THE STAGE 2 & 3 MAPS YET)

To do so, all I do is record information with the cobb access port while driving. Take that info, load it to the computer, then send it out to the guys at Rallitek. They read out all the specs ie. Air/ fuel ratio. Then send the new maps back to me. Then just load it to my car via access port!!

ANY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS, I WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER!

***WARNING***

YOU HAVE TO DELETE THE TGV'S AND CENSORS TO FIT THE BIGGER TURBO!!

(THIS I DID NOT KNOW WHEN PURCHASING THIS KIT)

The build took about a year. Time and money being an issue.

{FUTURE PROJECTS }

Remove orange turn signal/black out headlights

Upgrade brake kits

Replace front grill (anyone else think the stock one looks horrid??)

Replace front rear emblems with L7 Legacy emblems

Any type of body mods

Blow off valve (maybe. Heard there's no need for one. Would like to know more)

Boost and oil/air gauges

**If anyone knows of good places fort parts LET ME KNOW!!!

LOOKING FOR: Front grill, rear euro lights/covers, any body mods, boost gauge/pod, oil/air tack

THANKS AND......ROCK YOUR SUBIES O-H-I-O

AND.....I dedicated this build to my 1992 Subaru SVX!! May she rest in pieces!! (F*%#N Deer!!)

P.S. You can find me and my Dark Blue 05 Legacy GT-L (Greddy exhaust, Rallitek front license plate, Greddy back license plate in.

Chardon

Newbury

Willoughby

Mentor

Edited by Turbo-bo