LegacyGT.com

What GPS should i get?

I'm looking into a GPS for my new legacy, and was thinking about the Garmin 755T. It's a new one and seems to have all the features we've come to love. I really like the wide screen, coming from a really really old GPS, and how it incorporates the traffic data from various cities.

What do you all think about it, and which models have you used and would recommend?

i say go with it! I'm a huge fan of Garmin; we have the c530 which is a few years old but still love it. the only downside is ours is bulky.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I have a Garmin Nuvi 660 and it's great. My mom bought my dad a TomTom for Christmas and I've used it too, and I don't like it. I can't even find their house address, even though the house was built 12 years ago. Maybe because it's a cheap model, but the UI sucks in my opinion.

I got the cubby mount too and got to try it out for the first time a couple of days ago. It's great!

i have a garmin, i would say it works well for the most part. however from time to time it has a tendency to calculate some very odd and protracted routes when driving through the inner city. it happens in almost any dense urban center i visit. but if your commute requires traveling mostly highway or main roads it does well.

a friend of mine has a magellan and it seems to perform quite well also.

i would look for garmin's on amazon on clearance. I got a $600 unit for same price as a new 250w!! You get one year for map update so dont worry about old maps. Only thing it usually takes awhile for it to find satellites when you turn in on. this happens to everyone I know with garmins. could be my area. im outside nyc

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i would look for garmin's on amazon on clearance. I got a $600 unit for same price as a new 250w!! You get one year for map update so dont worry about old maps. Only thing it usually takes awhile for it to find satellites when you turn in on. this happens to everyone I know with garmins. could be my area. im outside nyc

both of mine take appox. 1 minute before they are ready to navigate but i live in Illinois aka the flat lands :lol: if the unit is registered they will send you the CD with the current updated maps for $9.95 believe me it's worth the money because it takes hours to download the free updates from the Garmin website.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived