LegacyGT.com

Like Drift Motion is getting at, if you're tuned for 93, you have a chance to make knock (I believe..correct me if i'm wrong) if you put 91 in the car. Otherwise, you're fine. I'm being tuned for 91 for this exact reason. I'm more commonly going to run into 91 than 93 if i'm in dire need of gas for some reason.

An occasional tank of less than 93 will not make a difference to your motor as long as you don't get stupid with it. Just try your best to keep boost to a minimum and burn through most of it, then fill her up with 93. The ECU should be able to adjust timing within reason to compensate for the octane difference provided you aren't beating the piss out of it.

You'll want to reset the ECU after you put the 93 in to get rid of the learned knock correction and get your timing back though.

It's cool; I'm with the band

^this

just keep your right foot out of it and you'll be ok.

I run into the same issue every July when I go up to Maine for the New England Forest Rally, but this year I started using Torco Accelerator (essentially race fuel concentrate) so I dont have to be easy on it anymore:D

Thanks guys...That was a dumb move...I occasionally gunned it when I came back but now it's about half a tank left. I filled about 7 gallons worth of 91.

Yes the car is tuned at stage 2 with 93. Should I wait until low gas light come on to refill?

Also I'm getting a process west intercooler..should I wait to get that install before re-tuning it? OR should I just re-tune it when I refill with 93?

Thanks in advance!

OR should I just re-tune it when I refill with 93?

I think you are misunderstanding what a 'tune' is in this context.

Once you refill with 93, all will be back to normal. Your tune is already programmed onto the ECU and putting different fuel in the car doesn't change that. A retune would only ever be required after changing parts, like in your case with the PW TMIC.

lol

I tend to run the car as low as I can before filling up with 93.

The same problem happens when you go to Maine, like NH they don't have 93.

Yes, re-tune after the PW TMIC

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Contact NRW, he has a connection with a good/great Tuning shop in your area.

You want to have it tuned right the first time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived