LegacyGT.com

Fuel Economy

No.Rice

I had been running around the 18-19 MPG for in-town driving on Stg. 2. I used to get close to 23-24 highway but both numbers have suffered as of late with Winter gas and a new A/F sensor...

Thinking a new tune might be in order to get back to normal MPG numbers...?

I'm stage 2++ (or 3-ish depending on who you talk to), and I get about 325 to a tank. I'm not heavy footed while driving the car though. I just moved to Denver a month or so ago, and got roughly the same kind of gas mileage (300 per tank) in North Carolina which is about 900 ft above sea level.

I'm in the 18-19 MPG range on stage 2. And my foot tends to get pretty heavy a couple times a day. The low fuel light comes on around 250 miles.

My best was on a road trip last year which was in the low 30s. Interestingly, we had hit a GPS verified 140 on the same tank. Ha! The rest was spent at ~45 MPH, though.

I get about 220-250 on e85 and about 300 on 91. I can control my left foot syndrome but I did modify the car for a reason and normally enjoy highway onramps quite a bit.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

^10-14 ouch. I though on stage 3 you could get a little better mpg, might just be a pipe dream and the v52 looks like the DD turbo in my future. Nothing like a 4door/4cyl family car that will blow the doors off most cars on the road but gets mpg equal to a F250

Yeah, 10mpg is aggressive city driving, and 14 is about the max on the highway. That low of mpg was a calculated cost, and it's definitely worth it to me although I do wish I could get E85 for cheaper. I would say that I drive more aggressively than most, so I don't think stage IIIe usually has such atrocious mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

02 LGT

I do a lot of highway driving, and have had a few tanks where I averaged 30+. 26-28 is what I'm more likely to see.

City driving, 20-22 is about average.

I have a scangauge II that I run in gauge mode. Seeing the instantaneous mileage drop to single digits on occasion has helped me get the city numbers up a bit.

Back up to 19ish on exclusively city driving...

I think my low numbers of late have been as a result of the switch over to winter gas...or I just have to be easier on the throttle in the wet/snow?

Archived