LegacyGT.com

Had the "engine light+No Cruise" problem. Will I pass etest?

So about 2 weeks ago I was driving on the highway accelerating up to speed when my engine kinda shuttered and the engine light came on as well as the cruise control light (which wouldn't function after that).

after some forum browsing I figured I would try just Tightening my gas cap and disconnecting the battery for a bit. This actually worked and the engine hasn't given issues or any lights since.

I'm about to have the car safetied and etested and wondering if I should have any reason to worry with the new OBD etesting that they do here. I was told by the tester that pretty much as long as the engine light hasn't been on in 100km's (which is the case) there's a 99% chance that It'll pass.

also if there is the occasional brake squeal from the rear, would I fail safety? pretty sure I have a good idea about this one :/

(btw i'm selling to get a GT :p)

So about 2 weeks ago I was driving on the highway accelerating up to speed when my engine kinda shuttered and the engine light came on as well as the cruise control light (which wouldn't function after that).

after some forum browsing I figured I would try just Tightening my gas cap and disconnecting the battery for a bit. This actually worked and the engine hasn't given issues or any lights since.

I'm about to have the car safetied and etested and wondering if I should have any reason to worry with the new OBD etesting that they do here. I was told by the tester that pretty much as long as the engine light hasn't been on in 100km's (which is the case) there's a 99% chance that It'll pass.

It will pass:)

also if there is the occasional brake squeal from the rear, would I fail safety? pretty sure I have a good idea about this one :/

(btw i'm selling to get a GT :p)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived