LegacyGT.com

*4th Annual NorCal Meet & Drive* May 27, 2007

ZinFreak

Yes, it's almost that time of year again...

In 2007 the annual meet & drive event will be held on Sunday May 27th (Memorial Day Weekend). This is the second year that the event will be a "joint-venture" with the folks from subaruforester.org. So come on all you Legacy drivers, let's put up a good show of numbers!

As previously done before, we will meet at a common starting point in the morning, and then split off into two separate groups for the drive portion of the event:

Touring and Tasting group - this group will enjoy a pleasant, scenic cruise through some of Northern California's most well-known wine regions. We will take a few breaks at three selected wineries for tasting and light snacks. We will use the lesser known scenic back roads to avoid Memorial Day traffic. If you intend on bringing a child like ZinFreak does, this is the group for you.

Drivers Group - Lead by Paul Eklund, this group is in for a quick-paced, enjoyable tour of some of the least traveled roads of Sonoma, Mendocino, and Lake County. There will be basic stops for fuel at predetermined locations, a short lunch break (read 30 minutes or less), and a LOT of backroads to be explored. This will be for those of you NOT concerned about expending a little fuel while having fun. Because of this, there will be NO STOPS FOR WINE TASTING!! Also, because of safety concerns, we'd rather not see children under the age of 14 as passengers in the Drivers Group (I'll relate the story behind that, if you want to hear it). If you are bringing a passenger, please be aware that carsickness is a real concern on this route, so they should either be a seasoned co-driver with cast-iron stomach, or have some Dramamine or wristbands handy.

BBQ - In the afternoon both groups will converge for a BBQ at Warm Springs Recreation Area at Lake Sonoma. The Warm Springs Recreation Area has picnic tables, BBQ pits, volleyball courts, and a children's playground.

Camping Information

Lake Sonoma contains a drive-in camping at Liberty Glen Campground with 97 campsites. Please note that the well at Liberty Glen ran dry years ago. There is no running water at the sites, although water is available at the ranger station across from the picnic grounds. The campground does have chemical vault toilets. Loop 'C' campsites have spectacular views. Sites can be reserved ahead of time using the Recreation.gov website.

Cloverdale KOA: has tent and RV camping as well as cabins and lodges. Other amenities include wireless internet, pool/spa, basketball courts, mini-golf, playgrounds, and a fishing pond.

We are requiring pre-registration for the first time this year. The cost is $10/person to help offset expenses for food, drinks, and the park fee - payable by Paypal or check (contact me for info on the latter option). After making your payment, please PM me with which group you wish to drive in.

Please use this button to pre-pay/register for the meet:

x-click-but6.gif

Watch this spot for updates and information for hotel lodging!

UPDATED

Drivers Group:

Leader: Primitive aka Paul Eklund

1. Kostamojen (lgt)

2. Roo (sf)

3. Angry Toaster (sf)

4. Eclipse (sf)

5. Ferretboy (sf)

6. Flanders (lgt)

7. EastBaySubaru (sf)

8. Pieboy (sf)

9. Dong Homez +1 (lgt)

10. BMaxField

11. 4S-Turbo [Zara & Scott] (lgt)

12. jalfieri (Jenson Motor Center)

13. wagonmafia +1

14. RippinRoo (legacygt.com)

15. Could be you!

Touring and Tasting Group:

Leader: ZinFreak [scott & Linda] (lgt/sf)

1. Pleiad7 (sf)

2. leggtnut + 1 (lgt)

3. Astrotraveler (sf)

4. wbr [Dave & Robin] (sf)

5. Eltobol [Chris & Lorena] (sf)

6. GeorgeOfSacramento [George & Deanna] (sf)

7. Leggtnut's friends (in a B9 'beca)

8. BAangeles +3

9. D.Harley +1

10. ???

To get the ball rolling, the ZinFreak will offer a special reward for the first Legacy to register. Make sure you specify you are with LegacyGT.com when you pre-pay, you must be present the day of the event to collect, you must bring your PayPal receipt, and you must be 21 years of age. -- Won by Kostamojen!

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can 80% count us in. I am trying to talk my friend witha B9 to come along for the tasting group and some camping :)

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Hey, I see my wagon 3 cars up(or maybe 5 cars up, hard to tell, but I am there somewhere)!!!!!!!!! Pretty sure I'll be there again this year.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

As newbie to the subie...I'd love to be there. Just need to clear it with the fiance. Now I only need to figure out a way to somehow quench the womans appetite for wine and get myself in the drivers group at the same time.

I used to belong to a Acura Integra club and had a bunch of friends who ran Z-cars (240s, 280s, and 300s) and used to attend these sorts of events all the time...but it's been years.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Please see me the day of the event with your paypal receipt to claim your prize. As a hint, my handle is "ZinFreak"... What do you think the prize is? ;) And yes it is worth much more that the entry fee :cool:

Whoops! I just paid but I missed the spot to input what group/etc.

Drivers group, just me, I'm a member of all the forums with this same username :p

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

As newbie to the subie...I'd love to be there. Just need to clear it with the fiance. Now I only need to figure out a way to somehow quench the womans appetite for wine and get myself in the drivers group at the same time.

I used to belong to a Acura Integra club and had a bunch of friends who ran Z-cars (240s, 280s, and 300s) and used to attend these sorts of events all the time...but it's been years.

I'm sure she can ride with someone in the group...the wine tasting group that is. She can have her fun, you can have yours...

:icon_bigg

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Please see me the day of the event with your paypal receipt to claim your prize. As a hint, my handle is "ZinFreak"... What do you think the prize is? ;) And yes it is worth much more that the entry fee :cool:

http://www.zahtilavineyards.com/wines/resources/images/2004dcvzin.jpg

http://www.drycreekvineyard.com/wine_labels_digital/label_images/2004_HeritageZinfandel.jpg

http://www.wdcv.com/images/com_wineries/ads/43a_t.jpg

http://www.bellawinery.com/images/wines_img1.jpg

Give away a bottle of Rafanelli Zin :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm too much of a cheap bastard to do that. That is too close to liquid sex, I'd bogart it for myself.

Right thought, wrong zipcode...

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Registered :). 2 of us comming. If I am able to talk our friends with the B9 to come and if they do they will be on the touring group. There wasn't anywhere to include which group and which forum I was from though. We will be on the touring group.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Registered :). 2 of us comming. If I am able to talk our friends with the B9 to come and if they do they will be on the touring group. There wasn't anywhere to include which group and which forum I was from though. We will be on the touring group.

What car is showing up? That's what board you're representing.

:icon_wink

We are debating which one to take this year. She wants to take the FXT since we want to camp, but I am getting new suspension put on the LGT. Hmmmm.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived