LegacyGT.com

swift springs sedan vs. wagon

macalicious

hey guys, can someone please help me out? does anyone know if the swift springs meant for the sedan will work the same on the wagon (not produce any sag in the rear). On the swift website, the spring rates and drop amount are the same, the only difference is the part number. so i'm just wondering if there is something i'm missing. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Talk to the guys at Mann Engineering, or GST Motorsports. I know you can use wagon springs to bring the tail of a sedan up a bit, but I don't think you would want to go the other way with that.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

When I've seen sedan specific springs on a wagon (on other cars, with other brand springs) the back sags more, especially under weight.

I would assume the same for the Swifts. The wagons are slightly heaver, and I believe the extra weight is in the rear, and more over the cargo capacity of a wagon is higher and the springs might be setup to deal with the extra cargo weight as well.

• 11 years later...

Archived