LegacyGT.com

LCA help.

ATX05LeGiT

I recently purchased a 05 Legacy GT, and I used this forum a lot pre-purchase and everyone on here seems pretty knowledgeable. Just wanted to start of saying thanks to everyone and I appreciate the extensive knowledge base available on here.

That being said I was driving home yesterday swerved to avoid getting run over by a truck and nailed the curb at lk 40mph:spin:. I just got to look what was wrong and it looks lk just a bent LCA in the right front and whatever the piece is that is in the attached image. Hoping for some suggestions on the best place to get replacement parts.

1513099606_2013-02-0622_11_10.thumb.jpg.7914a2d29dcfaa843b3bb92f8cdc38c2.jpg

That's your front sway bar. If you're ordering online, Rock Auto has awesome prices, and Fred Beans Subaru has a big selection. I would go with genuine Subaru replacements though you can upgrade the sway bar if you want. You can also upgrade your LCAs with Group N bushings or a "positive steering response kit".

LCAs are pretty easy to replace DIY (bushings not so much) but I'm not sure about the sway bar, I haven't done that yet.

Yea i had to just go to the dealership here and buy the lca from them for about 240 but it came with all the bushings and the ball joint. The sway bar was actually not harmed but i had to replace the bushings. Will probably upgrade to an aftermarket soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived