LegacyGT.com

my 2000 rsk b4 in new zealand

Too many sti mods to list ,somone spent a bit money on it in japan before it was imprted.STI tuned to run 14.5psi.Ive only owned my new baby for a week

Very nice. I picked up a stock blue 2000 rsk b4 last month - replaced a 96 HX Impreza. First trip away, getting around empty stock / logging truck+trailer units was :D

Test drove a few GT/vdc/b/etc wagons before choosing - am definitly liking the Bilstine suspension on it.

Gotta love it, my insurance company doesn't list the B4 as high risk vehicle. (Tower, and I'm over 30)

Got any feel for gas mileage? I've been getting a little over 500km per tank (mix of open road + round town) on 98.

But then I would:D

Nice car - does it have the McIntosh audio?

Also, if it hasn't got an earthing kit on it, I promise it will really help:)

Cheers:)

:cool::cool: Yes it does have earth wiring already done/cheers.The mcintosh sound system is amazing,I am an audio engineer and ill have to say its the best sound acoustically than I have heard in any other car.

:cool::cool: Yes it does have earth wiring already done/cheers.The mcintosh sound system is amazing,I am an audio engineer and ill have to say its the best sound acoustically than I have heard in any other car.

Excellent! Another sound pro who thinks it actually sounds pretty decent:D

I love the lack of distortion personally, but everyone has their hot buttons;) Each to their own IMHO:)

Enjoy!

Excellent! Another sound pro who thinks it actually sounds pretty decent:D

I love the lack of distortion personally, but everyone has their hot buttons;) Each to their own IMHO:)

Enjoy!

I'm not a sound dude, but I reckon the McIntosh CD/MD + 7 speakers sounds awesome (having a quiet car also helps). I've got a Sony CD/MP3 head unit that I pulled out of the old Impreza, but haven't fitted it as the stock sound is so good.

Only downside is that the McIntosh seems to be too old to play MP3 Cds. So the MD has been getting some use.

I'm not a sound dude, but I reckon the McIntosh CD/MD + 7 speakers sounds awesome (having a quiet car also helps). I've got a Sony CD/MP3 head unit that I pulled out of the old Impreza, but haven't fitted it as the stock sound is so good.

Only downside is that the McIntosh seems to be too old to play MP3 Cds. So the MD has been getting some use.

Cobs - my car is NOT quiet ;) , and I still get to enjoy the McI:D

<hint>

Addzest's CD changer (MP3 compat) may be able to be hooked up ;)

</hint>

Cobs - my car is NOT quiet ;) , and I still get to enjoy the McI:D

<hint>

Addzest's CD changer (MP3 compat) may be able to be hooked up ;)

</hint>

Heh - the old Impreza suffered from major wind noise from the wing mirrors - tried all sorts, but never got rid of it completely. The engine was also noisy enough at higher revs to set off the passenger-side alarm. :D

I had a look at the addzest site, but it's all in Japanese. I'll have a dig for a compatible list of changers.

cobs

CeNet stuff "should" work with the McI (don't shoot me if the newest stuff has some issues though). I have the older 640Z MD changer on my McI and it works fine (no menus/track lists though).

I think this one should work: http://www.addzest.com/ADDZEST_DYNAMIC/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.details&maincat=audio&subcat=changer&model_no=VCZ625

HTH :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived