LegacyGT.com

Rallitek overload springs

Matt166

Wondered if anyone has experience with these?

http://www.rallitek.com/springs/6252-rallitek-rear-overload-springs-legacy-2000-2009.html

My query is, these are not labelled as sedan or wagon specific, so I assume they are 10% stiffer than the sedan version. Wagon springs are already stiffer than sedan springs, but by how much? Are they already 10% stiffer?

I am always carrying a little weight in my wagon, looking for my car to not squat down as much but still keep regular height.

• 2 weeks later...
mine just showed up today.. I will let you know how it goes.. btw .. anyone have a diagram for proper assembly/order/torque specs for the bilstein HD kit.. many washers and bits, many options for me to do it wrong..

Thanks, appreciate it. Im most interested in how much extra stiffness compared to normal wagon springs - im assuming the spring is the same height next when you put it next to your stocker?

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought some Rallitek springs for my OBXT (but raised height instead of standard height) and installed them last week--rears only. If they're the same as the ones you're asking about...I think they're designed to be like 18% stiffer than the wagon springs.

So far, they are much stiffer than the prior setup, but not overly stiff. The back end doesn't bounce or sag anymore. In fact, I just drove about 1000 miles on a road trip loaded down, and the handling, etc. did not feel any different than before it was loaded down. The improvement is awesome! As a caveat...it's hard to tell how much of the improvement is from the new struts vs. the new springs.

derkahn, I put my springs on KYBs, so I have no info on putting them on Bilsteins. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

These dissapeared from the website so I asked why, got this response -

We've currently disabled them for some more research and development. We had a fitment problem with one particular model and it caused us to pull the product to look over the applications. We will be trying very hard these next few days to get it all sorted. Once the product is available, there is a possibility that the link you have/had saved may not direct you to the same product and will require you to lookup the product again. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Check back Friday, we should have it back up by then at the VERY latest!

• 1 month later...
Update on these, installed them and very happy with the height. Havent had the chance to load her up yet so cant comment on the extra stiffness. Pics to follow in my build thread on the fourth gen section.

Archived