LegacyGT.com

CEL thrown and Cruise Control light blinks. Please help!!!

As the title states I finished driving around my 2005 LGT Ltd 5MT and as I pulled into my drive I threw a check engine light. Along with the CEL the "cruise" light was blinking on and off and I wasn't able to use my cruse control. Can anyone help me? Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Note that I haven't tried this, as my AccessPort is in the car at all times, but from another thread:

^ The '05 also has a built in code reader (changed in later years). I'd link you to the page on how to get it working but.. eh, too much effort. But basically, if it's an '05, by the driverside left knee, inside the fuse panel, you can plug two wires together (I think it's the green wires? maybe the white ones), turn the car to "start" (but not on) and hold the odometer stick in. From there it'll spit out whatever codes it has in memory.

Yea, The last 3 subies I've owned did.... Maybe some don't...but it's no biggie... just go to Autozone...

Thanks! Ima go and get the CEL code tomorrow (weather permitting). Fingers crossed on it not being anything major. :mystery:

Post #5..

You can check your own codes.. The 2005 LGT has a self diagnosis code reader.

There is a fuse panel where your left knee would be if sitting in the drivers seat. Open it, and locate the two green, and two white cables, which will likely be tucked up out of easy access & hard to pull down (taped up there). When you find them, with the keys out of the ignition, connect them to eachother (green to green, white to white), then turn the ignition to 'on'. As the needles are sweeping, click the odometer stick once, and where your mileage is recorded you will see the code 'P-----'..

Bring the code here, and find the sticky with all the codes.. Viola..

Make sure you unconnect the wires before starting the car again.

I leave my wires hanging loose in there now. I get a mysterious CEL & blinking cruise every 6 months or so, but it goes away after ~3 restarts.. Always goes away before I could get it to the dealership, so I don't worry too much about it..

This method doesn't clear codes to my knowledge, only reads them..

I reset the ECU (unplugged the neg side battery for 5-10 minutes) the first time I got the CEL & CC, and the CEL was gone when I restarted the car..

I don't recommend this, but it worked for me..

My '06 LGT has done this same thing a few times....with mine it just goes away by itself...usually the next time I drive it. I took it to the dealership..."No charge" and they did a diagnostic to see what caused it....couldn't see any reason at all....Gerbils I guess :):)

This method doesn't clear codes to my knowledge, only reads them..

I reset the ECU (unplugged the neg side battery for 5-10 minutes) the first time I got the CEL & CC, and the CEL was gone when I restarted the car..

I don't recommend this, but it worked for me..

you dont have to wait that long, just press the brakes and it will discharge any power in the ecu...

Ok so I used the male/female white connectors to pull my CEL. It looks like I have four. :(

On trip "A"

P0301

P0304

P0000

On trip "B"

I got a flashing "P" with no numbers

Here on the forums can I find CEL code meanings? Please help me!!! I just got this car yesterday! :( :(

Ok so I looked up the codes on NASIOC and 301 and 304 are misfires. :( :( :( How can I solve this problem? I hope it is nothing major...I still don't know what the P0000 code is and does anyone know what the flashing "P" means?

Ok. Did more research and found that the P0000 code is a "pending misfire" code. I'll be taking in the LGT to the dealer tomorrow morning and see if they can find a fix to the other two.
Actually, P0000 means there are no trouble codes to report. I don't know why the trip computer would display that code.

Archived