LegacyGT.com

I have posted this in the interior/audio thread but thought it would be worth it too post it here as well.

My question is Does anybody know if the Cobb tuning STS fit the 06 2.5i? I was thinking about ordering the drivetrain package from them which comes with the new bushings and mount. It is list as it will fit an 05, and I dont think that there is a big differense between an 05 and an 06 but I just want to make sure.

Guest subiecity

a good amount of stuff.....everyhting from the 05 2.5i or GT is the same for the 06 ...except for the turbo, sways fit (except front going from GT to 2.5i, front sways wil not fit dues to exhaust), both struts tower bars fit, any coilovers, any springs, hoods are interchangable , just about everything is the same on the cars except the turbo and cams.. crankshaft pulleys will fit from the turbo....so will the catback exhausts from the GT, as are the mufflers, just about everything is interchangable

as for my 2.5i, everthting was taken from the GT

lightweight crankshaft pulley

perrin cans

HnR springs

front and rear strut tower bars

mesh grill

sti front bumper spoiler

aluminum intake was not from the GT

rims/tires

tints

rally aromor mudflaps

demon eyes

foglights mounted behind my jdm grill

im sure i left out a few other things 2

Now for the front sway, is it that the sway for a GT wont fit on an NA or the other way around. I think that I will get the rear sway first along with the front strut tower, due to the fact the the front is already a lot bigger than the rear. How is that lightweight pulley? Do they really help out with the RPM climb?

Now for the front sway, is it that the sway for a GT wont fit on an NA or the other way around. I think that I will get the rear sway first along with the front strut tower, due to the fact the the front is already a lot bigger than the rear. How is that lightweight pulley? Do they really help out with the RPM climb?

the front sway for a GT will NOT fit the 2.5i - i've never heard of a GT owner putting on the stock front sway from a 2.5i, but i doubt it will fit.

as i've heard, upgrading the rear sway is one of the best bang-for-your-buck ways to improve handling outside of new wheels/tires.

the lightweight pully will help with the responsiviness of the engine. read: it won't increase horsepower, just make the engine feel more snappy. some give it a big thumbs up, some say spend your cash on handling mods first.

Guest subiecity
for the crankshaft pulley i give it a thumbs up, for the 100 bucks your car revs so much quiker, and feels alot more responsive, car feels lighter in a way, and it feels like it actually wants to go....the front sway for the GT will not fit the 2.5i, as posted above...there is a big debate on weahter or not the pulley increses HP, all the companies that sell them say it does increase...and i read somewhere that for every 1lb off your crankshaft you gain like 1.5 chp....i cant verify if its true or not, but u certianly feel a difference

Pulleys dont increase HP, they free up used HP. there is a big difference between the two. the only way to make power is to add more air and hence more fuel in to the cylinders and make power. freeing up power is easier such as lightening the car or the turning mass of the engine so more power can be used to accelerate the car rather than moving all that mass. A pulley will lighten the engine rotating mass so less power is needed to spin the engine up, giving you more available power at the wheels. The engine however does not make anymore power.

The way I see thing is, if the car feels any faster than it is I am all for it. I know that there isnt all that much stuff that we can do to our cars, a couple of hundred bucks and the car sounds and feels fast, I am all for it. Thanks for the info. I think next month I will get the lightened pulley kit from unorthodoxracing.

we could always just add a bunch of stickers. thats good for a couple hunded HP.

Guest subiecity
just becuarful what u buy cuz theres underdrive pulleys that unorthodox racing makes and theres a lightweight crankshaft pulley, they are 2 differnt setups ...the lightweight crankshaft puley is like 120 bucks the underdrive pulleys are more expensive

I think that I would get the OEM size pulleys. I eventually want to have a high power audio set up in the car and I know that with the underdriven pulleys, they can and will effect the way the accessories run.

I'm thinking about removing my AC belt to see if that gives me anything. What do you guys think?

Its stupid to take off the AC belt. you are only loosing powere when the ac is on. when its off, the ac clutch pulley freewheels and has no resistance. removing it wont give you any gains and will only not let you use the ac or front defogger.

Its stupid to take off the AC belt. you are only loosing powere when the ac is on. when its off, the ac clutch pulley freewheels and has no resistance. removing it wont give you any gains and will only not let you use the ac or front defogger.

That's what I figured, but I know the RX-7 guys take out their AC pumps.

You 2.5i guys are desperate.

I will continue on in desperation, until my wife lets me get another turbo car :-P

Archived