LegacyGT.com

3.0L crank pulley interest.

Trying to drum up people interested in a 3.0L crank pulley. It might fit the3.6 but for right now it'll just be labeled for EZ30D(01-04' USDM) and EZ30R(05-09' USDM).

So I have my own turbo EZ30R swap and build and while I'm at it and the shop I work part time at(Kinetic Motor Works) now has a CNC machine, why not cool specialty stuff?! One of those on the list that also has some of the NASIOC H6 swap guys interest is the light weight 3.0L crank pulleys.

So the prototype drawing will get started, but while we didn't talk about how many people we'll need to go full in on design and machining it would be good to drum up interest! The more we get the less it should be as manufacturing isn't just the cutting and material, as the time to draw it up in CAD and go back and forth test fitting and adjusting for a perfect fit!

Lightened crank pulley will not cause damage to your Subaru engine. 1.6-3.6L's. The idea that people were worried about were mostly turbo 2.0L's would throw a code sometime of a crank positioning sensor. That was cause mostly on cars using a lighten flywheel and the weight reduction allowed the motor to spin up more freely. The ECU would expect it to be in one position but it was able to get farther in the same time and it would be confused. A tune generally fixed those issues and it was mostly only on 2.0L EJ's.

Number gains would be speculative. So I would claim some number that may never be seen. Especially when this doesn't really add any power. It WILL however reduce over all rotational mass and ALLOW for quicker response of the power that exists. It's similar idea to running a lighter wheel and tire setup and being faster for the reduction in amount of work the existing power has to do. Until a first pulley is milled we won't know exact weight drop either. The rest of the specs are to remain though to be able to fit same as stock.

I will put out there. The average EJ lightweight pulley drops an equivalent weight to reduce work for the motor equal to 100lbs off the car. Still kind of a hoodoo way to put it but yeah. I've had EJ lightweight pullies on EG33's, EJ222's, EJ251's and not a single issue on any of them.

As for the question before it gets asked, no right now there is no plan for it to have a harmonic balancer. These Subaru motors don't fall victim to the same terrors say an inline EVO motor.

That I will know as soon as they can get the drawing made and figure out getting the added took to cut the grooves and how much material and time.

Yes stock diameter. There isn't any sense in under/over driving it.

Again, more the merrier and higher it becomes a priority.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived