LegacyGT.com

Invidia n1 race

ir2005

I've been wanting to make a single exit exhaust. So a local friend was selling his invidia race exhaust off his 2008 wrx because it was to loud for him. It's a single exit passenger side. My curiosity got me so I bought it and put it on and it is pretty much is identical to the legacy bends. I have to make a few hangar modifications to raise the pipe by the diff and the can sits a little to low.

So if anyone wanted to do the same now you know. Ill post some pictures tomorrow!

the exhaust comparison picture is a custom one i made

the invidia is a little shorter as shown in the one picture but not huge worry to me

and my custom hangars welds arent the best but i was laying on my back but its pretty solid and doesnt move and sounds amazing! ill post the link to the youtube video soon

I wanted drivers side but for the 08+ doesnt come out the drivers side for some reason. I paid $200 for it and it was used for a month and they are 600+ brand new. So i figured I would try it.

Looks good. I'm in favor of any way to get rid of the bogus dual exhaust. How come you went to the passenger side? Driver's side is a straighter shot. As I've posted before, I'm running a single 3" straight pipe to the driver's side.

I drastically cut out drone and backfiring with my single exhaust by putting in an 18" universal resonator from Summit (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-17950/media/images). I welded mine parallel with the driveshaft near the center of the car. Its still very deep and lout but MUCH more DD'able. Its too bad it drowns out some of the turbine whistle though .

• 8 months later...

bumping this one back up. I've got the opportunity to get a pretty good deal on an Invidia catless DP and N1 race exhaust.

Are you still running this setup? Have you gotten used to the noise? Did you ever end up making a gopro driving video? Thanks,

Dave

Archived