LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered the Leptronix unit from RedFloyd this afternoon. I'm excited to try it out as it looks like a great solution to the lack of auxiliary input on the Legacy.

I'm planning to connect a PAC Audio IS75 cable to the Leptronix unit using a "3.5MM Male To 2 RCA Female Y Cable" [ame=http://www.amazon.ca/Cables-Go-3-5MM-Stereo-Female/dp/B00187QK58/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1324323832&sr=1-2]like this one[/ame]. This should allow me to play audio and charge my iPhone using only the 30-pin Apple connector, as well as providing a regular 3.5mm plug for any passengers with other types of phones/music players.

This all makes sense in my head but I'd be happy to hear from anyone about why this will/won't work before I start the tear-down on my radio!

It should works flawlessly since there is a groupd loop interruptor built into my auxiliairy module. I'm personnally using this: http://store.griffintechnology.com/autopilot

It is less expensive than the PAC unit and uses a standard 3.5mm output jack, so that the wire coming from the aux in module may be used with other devices without the needs of an adaptor.

@96r50: I will ship your order today using Canada Post expedited parcel. Hope you will receive it between Xmas and Jan 1st.

Good to know! I liked the idea of the Griffin AutoPilot but I want to keep the install as low profile as possible and just have the two cable (30 pin and 3.5mm) coming out of the centre console as required.

Thanks for shipping so quickly!

I have received an email from Canada Post saying that the package was delivered! That's a quick delivery! Enjoy it now :)

I got it the other day. Now I'm waiting for the rest of the wiring I want so I only have to go into the dash once! Thanks again!

how do I order one.

Thanks

Check the first post of the thread. All the info is there.

I finally found time to install mine this weekend. I combined this kit with an iSimple IS335 3.5mm jack. I drilled a hole for the 3.5mm jack in the center console next to the power socket. The only trick was I had to snake the IS335 cable through the hole I drilled, plug the IS335 3.5mm plug into the socket on the adaptor, before finally finishing assembling the back plate of the CD stack while inside the car.

01012012273.jpg

Everything works well when used with an iPod to audio cable I bought from Ebay. The only thing I noticed is that the Audible audiobooks from my iPod sound a bit distorted even at a relatively low volume level of 4. On the other hand, music tracks sound perfectly fine. It could have something to do with the high gain setting of the adaptor board, the iPod cable, or a combination of the two.

01012012272.jpg

Regardless, I'm very happy with this kit, and it's much, much better than the old FM modulator.

I finally found time to install mine this weekend. I combined this kit with an iSimple IS335 3.5mm jack. I drilled a hole for the 3.5mm jack in the center console next to the power socket. The only trick was I had to snake the IS335 cable through the hole I drilled, plug the IS335 3.5mm plug into the socket on the adaptor, before finally finishing assembling the back plate of the CD stack while inside the car.

01012012273.jpg

Everything works well when used with an iPod to audio cable I bought from Ebay. The only thing I noticed is that the Audible audiobooks from my iPod sound a bit distorted even at a relatively low volume level of 4. On the other hand, music tracks sound perfectly fine. It could have something to do with the high gain setting of the adaptor board, the iPod cable, or a combination of the two.

01012012272.jpg

Regardless, I'm very happy with this kit, and it's much, much better than the old FM modulator.

What high gain setting? Is there a pot that will allow gain adjustment? My Belkin Aircast is distorting terribly with Siri and phone calls.

What high gain setting? Is there a pot that will allow gain adjustment? My Belkin Aircast is distorting terribly with Siri and phone calls.

There are no adjustments available. Sorry.

I purchased my module back in October and its great. One word of advice for everyone, if you are adding an aux in jack into your center console or elsewhere, consider setting it up so that the module to aux-in is not one single cable. Let me explain...

To set up mine, I soldered an auxiliary cable to a aux-in terminal from radio shack following another poster's instructions. The auxiliary cable is connected to the module and terminates in the armrest. It works amazing, but it also means that a single cable runs from the module all the way to my armrest. I now realize that it would be a pain to troubleshoot or revise the wiring as it would require a full dismantling of the radio, center console, and armrest. Having one cable from the module to under the shifter and another cable from there to the armrest would have made future troubleshooting / dismantling much easier.

Someone also had the idea of soldering two aux-in terminals end-to-end so that the aux-in cable could merely be plugged in which could also help make it easier to dismantle in the future.

Besides that, I'm really happy with it. The auto-detect doesn't really work for me, but then again, I wouldn't use it so I couldn't care less. I would happily buy this again and recommend it to all.

Might depend on where azncookie is...2005 was the first year for that generation in the US (and probably Canada), but I believe that gen was 2004 in other parts of the world.

well i live in Canada and i got my car when it was sometime in Oct 2004, so I'm actually not quite sure whether it's 2004 or 2005...