LegacyGT.com

O2 Sensor

Hi All,

I recently through an CEL and diagnostics read it as a bad o2 sensor. Can anyone help identify the correct sensor i should look for ? All what i've found do not have the corresponding notches and longer. I've attached the image of whats installed right now in case anyone can assist. Please note the notches on the center portion of the connector.

JDM MY2006.

Thanks much.

803735108_42474.thumb.jpg.b3d674a82ffaeb404934472aed72dce9.jpg

• I Donated Too

Which CEL code did you get - Bank 1 is front O2 and Bank 2 is rear O2

I don't want to comment on the connector because of JDM - but rear O2 clips in just off the side of the gearbox case and the front O2 is up next to the engine harness coming off a bracket which is under the bolt for the rear coil back on that same side.

What are you trying to do, find an O2 sensor to replace it visually by matching the connector?

That's the rear O2. Your front will be on the passenger side of the motor right in front of the wheel. If I'm remembering right, it's more expensive too. Let us know what code you threw.

I put a header on my car last night, pardon the bad picture, but you can see exactly where the sensor is.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn141/Drazengalic/Mobile%20Uploads/20170123_190726.jpg

OEM replacement for USDM cars is DENSO 2344732.

Subaru wiring harnesses can vary. If that P/N does not fit your harness, you could simply splice the old plug onto the new O2 sensor wiring and problem solved.

The codes received are:-

1. P0031 - front o2 sensor heater circuit too low

2. P0134 - front o2 sensor no activity

Attached is the sensor i see in the engine bay, with the connector attached. Is that the front sensor or am i missing something?

803735108_42474.thumb.jpg.104bde4b7a803c673727a85b25b44745.jpg

IMG-20170124-WA0021.thumb.jpg.90054f9ae8b3a1f18aca689d62855e7b.jpg

• I Donated Too

No that's the rear one coming up over the gearbox...

Look near the main engine harness on the left side, follow the cable and if it's attached to a bracket mounted behind a coil pack (where the spark plugs go) then that's the one... it will carry down to the actual O2 sensor which is in the exhaust headers just before it mounts to the uppipe.

Sadly, it's the more expensive one but people have good luck with the Denso part.

EDIT: Wait... JDM RHD - Our lefts and rights might be different but look for the similar type of wire coming from the front of car, off the lower part of the exhaust and that will be your front sensor.

If you need the front O2 sensor, that is DENSO 2349120. There are other manufacturers that make replacements, but that one is similar to OEM.

There are several different tools available to pull O2 sensors - I'd suggest the TEKTON 47749 Offset Oxygen Sensor Socket or similar. The offset style socket is stronger than the other style and won't bend as easily. Fairly cheap at about $10.

Easiest access I found was to remove the front wheel and go in through the wheel well. There is an access panel that will let you get to the O2 sensor location with a 3/8" extension and a short breaker bar. Wobble extensions work well if you have them. Use Kroil or similar penetrating oil liberally, and apply it several hours before you do this job.

After unplugging the connector, you can slip the closed end of a box wrench over the connector and down on to the O2 sensor. Works well and with a wrench that size there is plenty of leverage.

If you still can't locate it take the under tray off. Three 12mm bolts and five plastic connectors is all it takes. For the JDM one you'll see it in front and inboard of the drivers side front wheel.

Alright, i'll put the car up this afternoon and see if I can trace it; looked in the engine bay near the harness as suggested but couldnt identify it. If anyone has a pic showing the area i'll have a look, otherwise it will be from bottom up.

• I Donated Too

well well well... three holes in the ground. I live and learn...

While trying to help you more and research - I found this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wb-o2-sensor-ecu-dp-55787.html

So it would seem your front sensor on the JDM car appears to be the one you found. I know nothing!

• I Donated Too

I am not sure either because it's written in Japanese but it's the 2.0L engine and I think the O2 sensor part number MIGHT BE 22690AA370 but I can not tell for sure. (EDIT - it is not AFAIK)

That said there is a DENSO part DOX-0109 and/or DOX-1446 which is listed as OE replacement against that part number but again my confidence in this market is low. (Not these parts! No... wrong... uhuh)

:iam:

• I Donated Too

Okay. I have 22641AA042 which is a more likely part number for the 2.0L Turbo WRX/LGT motors - which is actually a Denso part made for Subaru from what I can tell. So there may be little cost savings hunting down the Denso... it has the same part number.

The pictures on google images show the same plug too. I am as confident as I can be on that part number and I have some other things to do now than look up JDM part numbers. I can blame no one but myself.

• I Donated Too

good grief. Not surprised but I will say... the difference between the actual part number and the one I found (22641AA042) is the length of the cable, that and it's not yellow. The O2 sensor is the same and most importantly so it the connector. You would just need to coil up the excess cable but if you are struggling to find the actual part for the sake of the shorter length of cable...? (Or you could cut the cable and move the connector up but I wouldn't bother, that's what zip ties are for)

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB16Ey0KFXXXXbSXpXXq6xXFXXX9/Forester-Impreza-Legacy-front-oxygen-sensor-22641-AA042-lambda-sensor-Front-O2-sensor-EGO-22641-AA042.jpg

good grief. Not surprised but I will say... the difference between the actual part number and the one I found (22641AA042) is the length of the cable, that and it's not yellow. The O2 sensor is the same and most importantly so it the connector. You would just need to coil up the excess cable but if you are struggling to find the actual part for the sake of the shorter length of cable...? (Or you could cut the cable and move the connector up but I wouldn't bother, that's what zip ties are for)

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB16Ey0KFXXXXbSXpXXq6xXFXXX9/Forester-Impreza-Legacy-front-oxygen-sensor-22641-AA042-lambda-sensor-Front-O2-sensor-EGO-22641-AA042.jpg

The difference that i spotted with this one is the white portion of the connecter. It looks kind of like a capitalized 'I'. If it'd fit i'd grab it.

• I Donated Too
Okay. I see that... well I think it would fit since it doesn't have the I parts and electrically it is almost certainly the same... but depending on the price might not be worth the risk for you, front O2 sensors tend to be pricey.

• I Donated Too

I am not sure but if it were me, I'd be tempted to just get it and try it since your actual options are quite limited.

It does look like it will work and it is the upstream sensor. If it was labeled for a Toyota I'd be more happy it will work for the Subaru - the only part that looks unfamiliar is the shape of the O2 sensor itself - but that just means it's not a Denso I guess?

My only other choice would be to get a front O2 4 wire Denso and swap the plug after trimming it to length.

Archived