LegacyGT.com

my stock 08 gt ran a 13.5 @101.2

i decided to make a pass since i sold all my go fast parts and i ended up matching my stage 2 time while being stock. i wouldn't believe it unless i saw it, but i just did it on friday night. all i did for "mods" was remove the spare which is only 45lbs. i was even running with a 3/4 tank of gas so it kinda defeated the purpose of the spare.

image.thumb.jpg.e657f946340996783673d8ea2b956935.jpg

Those headlights dont look stock

lol i haz lowering springs too. it's just stock power with the spare tire removed.

some kid i know told me that his friend in a stock hawkeye sti, ran a 12.6. i was ready to call his bluff, but now i believe it for sure.

some kid i know told me that his friend in a stock hawkeye sti, ran a 12.6. i was ready to call his bluff, but now i believe it for sure.

I don't believe that for a second. Nearly a full second faster than your time with only 57 more hp? Maybe gutted on slicks. Maybe.

it's questionable. i haven't seen the slip or the person who did it so i can't vouch for him. i know car and driver hit a 12.9 with one, and edmunds got a 13.4. pretty big difference on paper, but not a huge gap on the track

the car i ran against was ironically an srt4. driver skill is the only thing i go to the track to prove. i don't like to launch my car because i can't afford any repairs, so it's very seldom that i run at the strip. but when i just so happen to watch people run terrible times i just shake my head. after seeing sti's run 14's and even 15's i just can't picture what they could've done to be losing up to 2 whole seconds in a 1/4 mile. it's all about timing the launch. this wasn't my best 60' but it was for sure the smoothest launch and best 1st to 2nd shift i've done at the track(no loss of speed in between shifts and held boost). also with having low expectations (estimating a 14.3) i had no pressure to good, resulting in the best possible run i could imagine. you can call my bluff, but if i was lying, i wouldn't take a 13.5 as anything special. i have no video proof, no dyno, and no witnesses, just a time slip and a memory.

Thanks, GTTuner

I ran a 12.99 in a stage 1 SRT-4 on street tires air'd down to 12psi. Some punk called my time slip bogus so I raced his stage 3 SRT and beat him.

Brett, it's all in the driver....nice job :)

12.9 is what's up in a stage 1 srt! what was the 60' in the srt? the launch is more important in that than our cars. there's some guy from Delaware who comes down from time to time and runs 11's. plate reads "BBYVPR" and it's every bit as fast as a real viper. just not as aesthetically pleasing lol

I was pulling a consistant 1.80 60 foot, which for an SRT-4 was damn good. Airing down the tires and a loooong ass burn out and It would launch with minimal wheel hop. Wheel hop was nasty in those cars. I did have a water sprayer on the IC and a CAI also.

1.8's is insane for a FWD on street tires. Insane. My old Rsx could have blasted a 13.2-13.3 with that sort of launch.

Best I could manage in my Legacy so far is a 14.0 @ stage 2. Way to make me feel like S***! lmao

lol bring it to cecil and let me take it for a spin. i want to drive a 6mt

I can, 1.80 - 2.00 with consistantly with 12 psi in the frt tires. The stage 3 driver said I was the best street racer he ever saw....ooops, er drag racer lol. I wish I had a video of his girlfriend wet in the crotch telling me she never saw anything like it....he was pissed. I grew up racing FWD, I had two different Dodge Daytona's, one used to mop up Fox body Mustangs....it would blow tire smoke out the front fenders all the way thru third gear, flat footed every shift in that car. I had every conceivable part you could get from Mopar performance in that thing, a race cyl head, cam, 60 trim turbo, injectors, pump, on and on.

haha true. Is that track downhill by any chance? I live 15 minutes from Atco raceway so that has been my go-to... Track prep is so-so there. I'm excited though, they used to have this stupid wall behind the staging area that FORCED everyone to drive through the water box. The place went through new ownership over the winter and they knocked down the wall. I plan on going mid 13's with better driving.

In fact at that time intercooler kits were unheard of. I made a front mount for the dodge using an intercooler from a Volvo 740 and 2 inch schedule 80 PVC piping, along with some industrial spec 2" rubber hose. I had a home built two stage manual boost controller, 14 psi and 20 psi. I used a cold start injector from a Toyota Supra to inject extra fuel in high boost mode. I had the injector on it's own regulator to meter the WOT fuel added in high boost mode.

Nice pass. Was that the only pass you made for the night? Also, to what do you attribute being able to match your best stg2 pass while being stock? Was it a temperature difference?

yep, just one run. i really don't know how it was so fast because usually every night it feels like a slow turd on the street, so it may or may not be the temperature. sometimes it feels faster than other times. especially from a good launch it feels powerful.

yep, just one run. i really don't know how it was so fast because usually every night it feels like a slow turd on the street, so it may or may not be the temperature. sometimes it feels faster than other times. especially from a good launch it feels powerful.

Air density, temp and humidity changes can add or take probably 20 hp from a turbo car. So you're not imagining it when one night the car is a jet and the next it feels like a turd. I notice high humidity, or rainy days make my car feel slower and hot weather of course. The FMIC helped with hot weather, leaning it out up top helped in humidity but I notice spool suffers on summer hot and humid days.

Was gunna say, was it a cold night? The LGT seems to be VERY sensitive to temperature. My Stg 2 has run 13.4 @ 105 mph before in April air, but i have gone to the strip during the summer and only hit 99mph. How long did you wait in the staging lanes before your run?

Any chance it still has some kind of tune?

I also can barely break a 1.9 60ft. I think i have only done it once or twice. I did see a kid in a stg 2 2011 WRX run mid-low 12's with like a 1.4 60ft. He was telling me about it and I found it very hard to believe, then i watched him do it. I believe he had the cobb tune with launch control which i think helps with spool off the line.

Edit: NVM, my PB was a 1.815 60ft but I trapped 2mph slower than normal. It would have been a sub 13.4 but it was not meant to be.

no chance that i still have the tune. i sold my AP on december 26th. downpipe sold a week or two later. lcs and ffs don't make a difference. it's just a confidence booster. there's also no need for it in a sub 250hp car. the launch is all about timing. i'm not going to sit in the line like a retard with my 2step revved up for 10 seconds and then flunk the clutch release. you could have an incredible 60ft but still lose a fraction of a second from shifting, which will translate into mph. just think about the difference of a 13.5 and a 13.6. there really is none. even up to 13.9 it's the blink of an eye. it just looks alot better on paper.

my car was running all the way from havre de grace to cecil and up until after my pass. i even had my music on while racing

Archived