LegacyGT.com

Snow... Are You Ready?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol, i used to hate driving in the snow in my old car( mustang and 300zx) now that i have the leggy i cant wait!!! you guys think all season tires will be ok?

I hope so ! Im running Continental DWS A/S :lol:

Snow in the forecast here for Wednesday night into Thursday day!! Not calling for much but honestly, 3 inches would be more than our "worst" storm last year. Hence why this state just keeps on burning... new 1000+ acre fire just started TODAY in south-central Colorado!

Anyway, got the winter wheels/tires on today. Should be interesting since I was stock last winter and stage 2 for this winter :rolleyes:

My wife just bought a Legacy GT wagon last week. It came with ZR rated tires that actually have "M+S" stamped on them. What are the chances this thing will go anywhere when the snow hits. I hope good as I'm the guy that talked her out of buying a Hyundai Sonata for this car as it would do better in snow because it has AWD.:eek:

Absolutely not.

Idk if it's even possible to get a tune in the winter.

Valve covers leaking as well as my oil seperator plate. Still need a tune of course.

Snowed in Marshall the other day.

Nothin in new ulm yet

it's like 60 degrees out tho now. im lovin it

My wife just bought a Legacy GT wagon last week. It came with ZR rated tires that actually have "M+S" stamped on them. What are the chances this thing will go anywhere when the snow hits. I hope good as I'm the guy that talked her out of buying a Hyundai Sonata for this car as it would do better in snow because it has AWD.:eek:

:lol: talked her out of ? Subaru utilizes symmetrical all wheel drive. Of course decent tread depth is important. But the all wheel drive you have now is the best. Let me try to link a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OzK-oRPCbs

Thanks for the videos jshute, I've seen the first one before but not the second! It's snowing in the passes here and I've been tempted to go for a drive just to check it out! FYI, Continental DWS FTW! :) Bring on the freshies!!!

I hope so ! Im running Continental DWS A/S :lol:

Tires definately do what they say in the snow, I loved them last year, gotta really get into the boost to get the tires free. They definalty leave some to be desired for summer, considering the sidewalls are mush. but worth it if you dont run summer/winter set-up

Yea cars all ready for winter. Its going to sit since I cant run my stock wheels and tires anymore. Damn Brembo's, oh well I'll save gas money.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

No, the snow tires for both cars are still in the shed, the skis are still here in CT. I'll move the skis to house in VT in a few weeks. Then it can snow.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived