LegacyGT.com

Engine Choice Question

Bri7070

I am looking at putting a EJ22 into my 69 Karminn Ghia.

I have found 2 doner cars a 93 subaru legacy for $200.00 and a 96 subaru legacy for $600.00. Both have around the same miles and both run.

Can someone tell me if one would be better then the other and why?

How about the ECM and controlls, Is one better then the other? More complicated then the other?

Any known problems? Overheating, Oiling, parts prone to break?

Any information that you can provide would be helpful

Brian

Do a thorough check of the engines to see which engine has the best condition, compression test is a good idea.

Since the Ghia is a tail-end motor vehicle I would recommend you to also get a separate oil cooler. Interesting project at least!

Just be careful so you don't exceed any power limitations with the engine since there may be legal limits for the Ghia as to how much power the engine may have.

453747.png

I am looking at putting a EJ22 into my 69 Karminn Ghia.

I have found 2 doner cars a 93 subaru legacy for $200.00 and a 96 subaru legacy for $600.00. Both have around the same miles and both run.

Can someone tell me if one would be better then the other and why?

How about the ECM and controlls, Is one better then the other? More complicated then the other?

Any known problems? Overheating, Oiling, parts prone to break?

Any information that you can provide would be helpful

Brian

I assume you have been lurking around these forums already:

www.thesamba.com

www.germanlook.com

Search those forums if you havent already, there are a few people doing the subaru swaps.

Heres my '72: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=490390 (not a suby motor)

Put LGT/STI motor in it...

Are you trying to kill that poor dude? :lol:

You will get an airplane rather than a car if you add that amount of power to such a light-weight construction. Just add a propeller at the tail! ;)

453747.png

Archived