LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

There are tables (at least in the USDM ECU) you can use to limit the boost below a certain speed. If you want to brake launch you could probably set the speed limit to ~10MPH and the boost to wastegate. Not sure what other logic this might mess up, but it's worth looking at.

Yeah, i never quite understood that table so i jus set my boost to 14psi at <3000 rpm. I launch at around 12psi @ 3000 in my video. Considering that it is a 2.0 liter it's a lot less torque than my brethren below.

I abuse my car... The CD hasn't blown with me having to stand on the brakes to keep the car from moving. 15+psi launch. :rolleyes:

15 psi @3K in a 2.5 liter is a lot of torque dude. haha. What RPM did u launch at?

Edited by JMLegacy

Far side had failures. But his torque is through the roof with ls swap engine I believe.

No no no. We've had nothing go wrong with the original trans, but Elegua wasn't launching the piss out of the car. He was more the 'blend in with traffic and pounce on worthy targets from cover' type driver. And, we don't have an LSx swap either.

We did buy a broken 5EAT and rebuild that with new friction and the bronze bushings, but it was still on standby when Elegua found he had to sell the car.

Are you perhaps thinking of that beautiful nutcase Frankster and his Buick turbo V6 monster?

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

It'll happen eventually.

5eats are cheap and plentiful. I have 1 spare right now, I may pick up another:lol:

Yeah, i never quite understood that table so i jus set my boost to 14psi at <3000 rpm. I launch at around 12psi @ 3000 in my video. Considering that it is a 2.0 liter it's a lot less torque than my brethren below.

15 psi @3K in a 2.5 liter is a lot of torque dude. haha. What RPM did u launch at?

Whenever the light turned green :rolleyes:

No no no. We've had nothing go wrong with the original trans, but Elegua wasn't launching the piss out of the car. He was more the 'blend in with traffic and pounce on worthy targets from cover' type driver. And, we don't have an LSx swap either.

We did buy a broken 5EAT and rebuild that with new friction and the bronze bushings, but it was still on standby when Elegua found he had to sell the car.

Are you perhaps thinking of that beautiful nutcase Frankster and his Buick turbo V6 monster?

I meant frankster! Lmao. Sorry.

I've broken two centre diffs in my built 5eat - ACME pinnacle kit that Adam did with a Hexmods / Climber D VB, plus brass bushings from frankster.

Both times shattered the centre diff input and output shaft and in the second case, I sheared the teeth entirely off the centre diff input shaft

This was until I Sonic Xrayed, Micro-Linished, Shot Peened and Cryo treated my entire centre diff, input and output shaft and all planetaries etc. Did this 2 and a half years ago and haven't had it happen since thankfully. Also shared this with Climber D Dave and a few others at the time.

Version 10 JDM GRB EJ207 making 530-550whp

Mick

Haha...what you don't know will never hurt. Blend in traffic my a$$...I launched that car with 4 people and a couple hundred pounds of luggage in the back up more than one ramp. Didn't even burp. :lol:

I'm going to own an STi that's slower than that car. :mad:

I've broken two centre diffs in my built 5eat - ACME pinnacle kit that Adam did with a Hexmods / Climber D VB, plus brass bushings from frankster.

Both times shattered the centre diff input and output shaft and in the second case, I sheared the teeth entirely off the centre diff input shaft

This was until I Sonic Xrayed, Micro-Linished, Shot Peened and Cryo treated my entire centre diff, input and output shaft and all planetaries etc. Did this 2 and a half years ago and haven't had it happen since thankfully. Also shared this with Climber D Dave and a few others at the time.

Version 10 JDM GRB EJ207 making 530-550whp

Mick

I feel your pain, your builder got the clutch balance closer than mine.

I have smashed 2 built autos now, brass sleeves in both center diffs.

What I have learnt is that too much clutch with a modded VB will destroy the and shaft gears everytime.

The shock load on the the center input/output shaft gears kills them.

I only had 366awhp at the time too.

Those 1 to 2 changes were awesome though!!

Have legacy 3.0rb 6 speed in it now.

We will see how it goes once turn wick back up.

I feel your pain, your builder got the clutch balance closer than mine.

I have smashed 2 built autos now, brass sleeves in both center diffs.

What I have learnt is that too much clutch with a modded VB will destroy the and shaft gears everytime.

The shock load on the the center input/output shaft gears kills them.

I only had 366awhp at the time too.

Those 1 to 2 changes were awesome though!!

Have legacy 3.0rb 6 speed in it now.

We will see how it goes once turn wick back up.

How was that conversion?

ECU looking for tcu but can not see it so Check engine light and throttle limp.

Loaded in throttlehappys new manual tune ROM and now no check engine light, no flashing cruise light.

Drives well but now I can go SD next dyno session and turn wick up again! :-)

Will slip on stock clutch packs at 350ftlb of torque. Torque is what kills transmissions not power.

I did run 255awkw on my ej20y on e70 with gt2871 1.5 scroll setup. This hit full boost of 21psi at under 3000rpm and was extremely responsive. Didnt slip at all.

And that was with brake boosting galore and some heavy driving.

2871 is similar to 1.5 blouch xtr.

Soon as I upgraded to my ej207 with gtx3076, it would slip at 1 bar boost.

Mick

Edited by dr20t